MALIBU The Sunken Ship Build Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This is what I should have done, but hindsights 20-20 lol
Yes sir, BUT, there is value in what you did get.

Sell the block for a bit more than scrap. $50 or $75 should move it.

Serpentine front setup can go as high as $200. $150 should see it gone.

Your heads could be a deal for someone that can't get it elsewhere as a core at $100. Or bundle it with the tbi, intake, and partial harness (keeping the fuse block) to the jeep rock crawler crowd for about $225 and call it a day.

Sold the junk, made $150-200 profit, and kept a fuse block.

Wish you were in Georgia, could've cut you a deal on a low mile 94 350 and 4l80e that you could've driven before buying.

Reactions: 3 users

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
I think I'm going to keep the cam, and heads since I've been looking for some anyway. But I'll definitely try to sell the parts.

Last edited:

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I was going through the pics, nice build, I got a but w/ a green one, he put a Pontiac or Buick dash in it because it was the same color and had a tach And gauges.

Reactions: 1 user

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
I was going through the pics, nice build, I got a but w/ a green one, he put a Pontiac or Buick dash in it because it was the same color and had a tach And gauges.
I've seen regal interiors In a Malibu, if it was my car that's probably what I'd do. The Malibu dash is kinda ugly.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
Is there a preferred method for putting a high pressure (45 psi) fuel pump in a previously carbed car? I'm guessing an in-tank pump is best?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Is there a preferred method for putting a high pressure (45 psi) fuel pump in a previously carbed car? I'm guessing an in-tank pump is best?
The carb car fuel lines are a smaller ID than the FI cars got. So, plan on a tank (something from 4.3 monte or 84-87 3.8 turbo regal works easiest, gives you an in tank fuel pump, adding an inline filter inside the frame rail like the factory fi cars, upgrading the fuel lines, etc. Use your filler neck from the carbed Malibu tank. Unless your plans called for a fuel cell anyways. Then it's just the lines and filter you're looking at.

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I’ve always wanted one of these cars, if my buddy brings it to my cars and coffee next month I’ll post up some pics.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
How strong is the stock drive train? In other words, if I swap in a stock LT1 (or something like that) will it destroy the diff?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
How strong is the stock drive train? In other words, if I swap in a stock LT1 (or something like that) will it destroy the diff?
LT1’s in factory form had maybe 320 crank hp at the most if you had the F body or Vette version with aluminum heads. You should be OK with a 7.5” rear unless you really abuse it.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
asking because the 7.5" differentials I'm familiar with in the 91-96 L03/l99 caprices cant handle stock lt1 power. Thankfully the General graced the LT1 cars with an 8.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor