time for a new DD (honda EK project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
After alignment, I rechecked every nut and bolt put the rest of the car back together (wheel liners and small interrior panels.) then I put about 20miles on her with no hiccups. I am very pleased! The steering rack seems like it has some slop but it's not horrible. I know the z6 intake manafold was a pain to dile in but it really woke up that y7!

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Finally got the engine stable enough to do the 2 wire IACV swap so I could run the chipped ecu.
I performed this pin-swap

Made a block-off gasket out of a beer box
This will prevent air from traveling past the disabled 3 wire IACV

Here you can see the gasket sandwiched between the stock IACV and throttle body

Lastly it was a matter of wireing in the 2 wire IACV, I used a crv valve so wireing was streight forward as the wire colors matched (incase your wondering, the Orange wire is disabled and omitted for the 2 wire valve

I'm happy to report with the idle adjusted the car runs great on the chipped ecu. I truly think it even runs smoother and idles better on the chipped ecu!

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Rack swap done!
I used a rebuilt Ek non-power rack. It came with inner tierods, and I ordered moog outters.
The only significant difference I saw was the steering shaft, and shaft seal setup.

The steering shaft diameter is smaller on the manual rack; I wasn't able to source a replacement so I modified the stock one by cutting half of the non-threaded flange off

Then I oblonged the hole in the non-threaded segment and crushed it down a bit in a vice.
I then got the rack dressed (please note, I used one of the old bagfles as a steering shaft dust seal, then installed with the power steering seal to body on top of it.

Getting the universal bolt threaded was a bit tricky as the alignment of the holes were off because of my modification.
Rest of the install went very smooth, steering feels much lighter and response is very positive! I am very pleased all around!

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
New windshield was installed today and I knocked together a battery box. It felt good to do some sheet metal fabrication again!

The low profile battery really worked out perfectly; with the battery box in place the trunk floor fits over top of it nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor