CUTLASS time for a swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I was in your shoes five years ago. I had a 455 and I was planning on going EFI. Cost to do it right was through the roof and performance would’ve been substandard to an LS build. I’ve had three different Olds engines in my car all of which were fun (and leaked oil) but the LS is my favorite. I’m done playing with 50-year-old technology. Do what you want with your car and enjoy it.

Reactions: 2 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
If Olds power is your eventual goal, then dropping in an LS temporarily is not a good idea. It's not like they just drop right in. There are factors to consider not to mention extra expense that will then end up being wasted.

If you just have to have it drivable ( contrary to popular belief you CAN enjoy a car that isn't a screamer... ), then dump an old Olds engine in it. You could find a running one cheap I'm sure.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's one fix for LS's:
1576273446514.png

Or if you want something more modern & easily bolt on a TH200 4R:
1576273631898.png

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My whole point against LS motors is the monotony of it. Everybody wants one, but there's a handful of LS boys here I respect, mainly because they put in the work to make it right. I got no time for some of these hacks that come and go, wondering why their shirt didn't work or why they can't get it to run.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I agree with Lilbowtie. If your plan is to end up with a 455. Skip the LS and put you $$$$ into building a bulletproof BBO.
I’m going to jump in put a stock Oldsmobile power if you want to drive it don’t piss money away on sh*t you can’t transfer back to the 455

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
He probably already has an LSX tattoo and probably already sold the 455. Why don't people just sell their Olds, Pontiac or Buick G body if going LS? Why not just buy a new Camaro? Way better suspension, brakes and NO rust. The Gen 5 V8 is way better than the Gen 3 motor plus a new heavy duty 10 SPD auto or 6 SPD manual and a rear way better than our factory 7.5". I keep a unique power plant, unique sound, look and better low end torque than a sbc or LS. If you go sheep, why bother? JMHO

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
He probably already has an LSX tattoo and probably already sold the 455. Why don't people just sell their Olds, Pontiac or Buick G body if going LS? Why not just buy a new Camaro? Way better suspension, brakes and NO rust. The Gen 5 V8 is way better than the Gen 3 motor plus a new heavy duty 10 SPD auto or 6 SPD manual and a rear way better than our factory 7.5". I keep a unique power plant, unique sound, look and better low end torque than a sbc or LS. If you go sheep, why bother? JMHO
For me a bunch of cool older kids had g bodies when i was young. That kind of stuff sticks with you. Grow up, make some money, get that car you always wanted. Im also a guy that need a good project to stay sane. Having to figure out all the odds and ends of the swap really appeals to me.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor