? To QP Ford 9 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Have ? about installation. I got my housing yesterday. Welded on what I had to and just got done painting it. My axles and center section won’t arrive till Saturday. Is there any disadvantage to installing the housing first, then building it. Or is that the best way ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's easier to build on the stands but we used to switch out the 3rd member on our circle track car regularly. If you have a lift then I would put it in and if you don't unless you like working laying on the ground I would wait till all the parts arrive.

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Have ? about installation. I got my housing yesterday. Welded on what I had to and just got done painting it. My axles and center section won’t arrive till Saturday. Is there any disadvantage to installing the housing first, then building it. Or is that the best way ?

I’d do the housing first. Less cumbersome when holes don’t want to line up.

Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
that's a good idea, maybe Doug can mock it up to see if everything lines up

Getting the chunk up in place is heavy. Use a jack covered with rags. Rags help keep it steadier

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I was thinking it would be easier to handle empty. It’s about 50 awkward lbs. as is. I don’t have a mc jack, but my one jack has a pretty recessed lift plate. I don’t mind getting under the car to put it back together.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
personally i'd assemble it on stands.I've changed the center on the ground/under the car and it weights more than everything else involved.cast or alumiumn,no party on the ground under the car.

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
what degree are you going to set your pinion angle at?
Thats a question I have no answer for. I dropped the old rear off the control arms, I figured hooking them back up would put it the same way the old one was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor