Too loud. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the same problem with my elky. i cant legaly start my car before 8am because of the noise laws for doing yard work or construction. its funny because everytime i drove it around my 'hood, i set off car alarms while idling by. its fun to see all the old people making faces at me because of how loud it is. i miss my loud *ss car.... 😢

454muscle said:
I'm thinking of installing some electric valves prior to the mufflers to cut the exhaust flow in half, if it'll make the ride any quieter it'll work great. I'm talking about the kind in electric cutouts you can get off ebay, only without the cutouts (or have them blocked off).

This way I could hit a switch and the exhaust would close up half way -- for cruizing, and there *should* be less noise (I'm also worried about getting pulled over for excessive noise).

Does that sound like a good idea or would I incur problems... anyone?

I wouldn't do it. I tried something like that before and it caused the motor to plug knock. Eventually leading to detonating the motor. I will never try to restrict my exhaust again.

beermonkey9417 said:
i have the same problem with my elky. i cant legaly start my car before 8am because of the noise laws for doing yard work or construction. its funny because everytime i drove it around my 'hood, i set off car alarms while idling by. its fun to see all the old people making faces at me because of how loud it is. i miss my loud *ss car.... 😢

I fail to see the humor of knowingly bothering old people with the noise of your car when you should have respect for those old people. If it wasn't for some of those old people you might not be here...

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 111
  • imagejpeg_0_2.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0_2.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 115
I agree with everyone who basicly said, tell them to get bent.

They'd ****ing haaate me, i went el-cheapo loco on my exhaust, full length hooker headers running to 3 " straight pipes connected to glass packs, that come out in front of the rear wheels, Its disgustingly loud.

CamaroAdam73 said:

Great. Here we have the poster child for the self-centered, me-first public. Also the first to b*tch when someone else does something inconsiderate to them. Just great...

I had to deal with this situation, I had neighbors with nothing better to do (no not elderly), claimed my car rattled their windows, and something fell of the wall, blah, blah,blah. They ended up calling the cops on me, well an officer came over and asked to hear my car. I fired it up, let it idle a minute, he said "OK" I'll be right back. He went over to the neighbors, and returned a few minutes later. He told me to not worry they won't be bitching anymore, told them to lay off, my car wasn't too loud by any means. He then gave me a card (yes our cops have cards :rofl: ) and said to let him know if they continue, haha. My point is if it's not obnoxiously loud, and you're not being an idiot with it, the police can be on your side for loud pipes. :rofl:

CamaroAdam73 said:

They'd ****ing haaate me, i went el-cheapo loco on my exhaust, full length hooker headers running to 3 " straight pipes connected to glass packs, that come out in front of the rear wheels, Its disgustingly loud.

"Tell them to get bent" is not a solution. Life is about respect. If you don't know that yet, you will learn it the hard way.

454muscle said:
CamaroAdam73 said:

"Tell them to get bent" is not a solution. Life is about respect. If you don't know that yet, you will learn it the hard way.
IDK that i agree with you in this case. he does have a full, proper, exhaust. so his neighbors should give him some respect and leave him alone about the car.

mega...I don't know the laws where he lives but here the exhaust has to exit behind the rear wheels. The exit is too close to the opening of the door and up here they yank the car off the street. Also glass packs are not legal everywhere and he has removed the cat so that may make it illegal as well. There is no need for excessive noise as it doesn't create any more power but it is an attention getter....which is something I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor