Toronto- New Guy Checking In.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I have not yet found my car but am working on checking some out. I presently have an import hobby car but am hankering to get US Iron again. My last G body was a 79 Lemans Wagon company car that ran reliably for the 60 thou miles the two years I drove it
Car history:(only the good ones)
-new 84 S10 Blazer used for field service swapped to SBC/ 700r4, emission legal, 5 years later
-restored 73 GMC 3/4t camper special for family transportation
-89, 93, 96 GM pickups
Searching for an SS with an excellent frame and good original everything else. Met a guy at a cruise that had a done up A1 SS and he informed me of this forum.
My plans are to perform minor functional improvements - chassis/suspension/brake/steering freshening up, mild cam, true duals with cats. Think I might pick up a tip or two from you good folks;).

Reactions: 1 user

MYFINE79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Brampton, Ontario. CANADA
Welcome to the site. I am also from the Toronto area. Brampton to be exact. I have a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ. I have put Detroit
Speed adjustable coil overs front and rear. Lowered 2 1/2 inches. Baer front and rear SS4 disc brake conversion. Edelbrock Pro Touring Suspension kit. Steering upgrade to a Detroit Speed tuned 600 series steering box.
Wheels 17X8 Boss 338 chrome rim front and rear, Tires BF Goodrich G force COMP 2 245/45ZR17 front and rear.
I have also bolted in frame stiffeners front and rear.
Rear shock tower brace from UMI. Front frame braces from Detroit Speed and Kirban performance.
Front upper and lower A arms from Detroit Speed to improve the front suspension geometry and steering.
This is a nice combination and works well altogether.

Willie

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the site. Lots of good people and info here. I knew of a good '86 Monte SS that was for sale a month or so ago, but I believe its sold now.
I have an '84 Monte SS, and an '80 Malibu that's a factory V8/4 speed car. I'm about an hour northeast of Toronto, but I work in the city.
If you don't mind me asking, what area of the city are you in?

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome from the South Coast of Scarborough

This a great site and a great group of guy and a few ladies , all kinds of information at your finger tips. And as you can see a large group of members in southern ontario.
good luck in your search
Dave

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome from the prairies!

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Welcome from the prairies!

I'm in southeast Scarborough.

I remember Harveys on Jane but went more to Harveys on Eg. and Markam late 60's. And the street racing at Steeles(actually Sheppard)and Meadowvale - ahh good times. And all the speed shops in Scarborough that have since closed down.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2016
I'm not from the Toronto area but I'm with you in southern Ontario, right around 2 hours north of Toronto. Welcome to the Forum.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor