Total cost of ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A 1.6 anything doesn't have enough power to pull your dick out of a bucket of lard.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I'm 21, I played many video games, watched countless videos about cars and racing, have been driving all manner of things since I was 8, been going to monster truck rallies, drag races, tractor pulls etc.... My first car was a 2001 Ford Ranger, 100hp 3.0L Manual rwd, open diff. My father taught me about how to control a slide, I practised in a parking lot; but NOTHING, NOT ONE THING will ever prepare you for the day your car decides it no longer likes you and decides to throw you into a wall at 60 mph for no ****ing reason. But hey, one way or another... you'll learn like I did. We just hope you don't end up in the morgue.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
You are right I don't know anthing about drifting 100 hp japanese cars

Oh wait, I forgot I have two miatas that I autocross. a 91' 1.6L with a 4:30:1 viscous LSD and a 90 with a 1.8L conversion and 4.30:1 Tytpe II Torsen, Trying to drift them absolutely sucks. The wheelbase is too short and they snap too easily and they don't have enough HP to pull them selves out of a hole when you need it. I've changed the clutches multiple times and $200 each time (cheaping out to the max) and it sucks.

I guess I could take off the 225/45 Rival S's and 15X8's and bolt the 14X6 Daisies and 185 tires back on and pretend I'm going fast because my tires are spinning, but that won't solve the short wheel base snapping problem.

Now my 2500 Yukon XL or my Diesel Ram. Those b*tches will drift.
I've seen plenty of people drift stock miatas, it's all about skill and feint. Go watch Keiichi tsuchiyas drift bible, he is in the 80 hp ae86 at some parts and he started drifting when he had a stock 86. If you can't drift with 90 hp, then 900 isn't going to help.

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
Do you play Call Of Duty, too???? So you're pretty much a Navy Seal.....

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Does the video game tell you when you've smoked the clutch or corded the tires or how that "welded diff" does in the rain? Can you even play the game in the rain?

Is your plan to have a 240 SX you can drive, or one you can drift? because that is two different things.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
My point went WAY over your head. Do what you want, you're obviously far smarter with your 17 years of wisdom than guys who have been driving longer than you've been alive.....

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Do you play Call Of Duty, too???? So you're pretty much a Navy Seal.....

no but I played monopoly and I now own the boardwalk, 3 hotels, the railroad and a few houses so my retirement funds are now in place...:cool:

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
no but I played monopoly and I now own the boardwalk, 3 hotels, the railroad and a few houses so my retirement funds are now in place...:cool:
You should see what I've built in SimCity!!!! Add in my country estate on Farmville, I'm practically a tycoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor