TPI in a Monte Carlo SS

Here's mine. Those skinny little 11in. wide tires I have on back don't stand a chance. I need to get some burnout pics sometime.

thumb_100_1434.JPG

thumb_100_1433.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Monte SS 383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Altoona PA
That looks great. I want to do the same thing. I am using the old belt drive system for a while. I have just had new lines made and a brand new AC compressor in it. When I do the 383 stroker swap I will probably go with the serpentine belt system. Did you go with the new fuel tank and pump or did you go with the inline fuel pump?

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I used the stock tank. I put in different sender and intank pump. My tank doesn't have the sump, but as long as you keep gas in it your ok.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I have a stock trans-am motor in mine.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Jman said:
I used the stock tank. I put in different sender and intank pump. My tank doesn't have the sump, but as long as you keep gas in it your ok.

What did you use for a sender and intank pump? Was it for a 4.3L V6 fuel inject Monte Carlo? Just curious.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I am getting ready to throw my tpi setup on my cutlass and tried to get the sending unit for the efi monte 4.3 and cant seam to find it anywhere......

Monte SS 383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Altoona PA
I had bought mine off of Ebay but the same guy doesn't have any more listed. Napa had said they could order one for me also if I remember correctly it was about $278.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
dougfather said:
Jman said:

What did you use for a sender and intank pump? Was it for a 4.3L V6 fuel inject Monte Carlo? Just curious.

If you want the tank and sender for fuely, then 4.3 is what to look for.

I'm using the iroc pump with the 4.3 sender in a stock non baffled tank.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
$278??? wow, i will wait till i find one in the salvage yard or go for a linline if it costs that much.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor