Turbo Century - Free/Curb Alert? in San Fransisco, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So I have an update. I just received (2) boxes of parts from Turbo Zach. Look at all this stuff !!!
View attachment 158065
View attachment 158066
View attachment 158067
It's basically the whole top end, minus the intake manifold ( which was still on the car ). Up pipe, turbocharger, oil line, carb plenum, carb, fuel pump, fuel line, carb hat, air intake tube, electronic spark box, distributor, wiring harness, throttle cable bracket, turbo mounting brackets, etc. He donated all these parts so that I could try and get this thing to run. I just paid the shipping . I am so thankful! It's my birthday today, so it was nice to get these presents. :banana:

Zach, you're the best!! (y)(y)

If I'm successful, I will take some time to paint the engine, and detail under the hood. If I'm not successful, I will pull the motor, and re-evaluate the situation...
Happy birthday buddy.
It's been said before but Best. Forum. Ever.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
As you can see a little tap on the drive's side has bent the bumper, broke the turn signal, and buckled the grill. So I did a little face lift using spare parts. 2-3 hours of work, and it looks a little more presentable. I am still trying to find the correct parts, but this will work for now.
IMG_2038.JPG

I used the bumper and front impact strip from the top unit, and the original Turbo aluminum support, and the hardware from the bottom unit.
IMG_2041.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

I had a grill from another car. It's not correct, as the Turbo car has black painted fins, but it will do for now.
IMG_2048.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
What's it like finding parts for these cars? A friend of mine in Wis says like impossible but I know that feeling already with my '79 LeMans When it comes to the interior! Anyway, I want one so bad. lol

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
What's it like finding parts for these cars? A friend of mine in Wis says like impossible but I know that feeling already with my '79 LeMans When it comes to the interior! Anyway, I want one so bad. lol
If you can find them in the J yard, they have most likely been there for over 20 years. With that said, those cars will be in sad shape. Like your car, the interior plastic ( especially the rear ) is one of the first things to deteriorate, and the hardest to find.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
If you can find them in the J yard, they have most likely been there for over 20 years. With that said, those cars will be in sad shape. Like your car, the interior plastic ( especially the rear ) is one of the first things to deteriorate, and the hardest to find.
You know the lemans then good. I was able to locate mine from a Board member for free minus $30 s/h. Rough shape though. But lucky to have them I looked consistently for 7 yrs.

Yeah, sad shape sucks when it comes to these early A-body cars. I know of the few items it's more than impossible to find things for as of FRT & RR Bumper Filters, Tail lights (?), Headliners, Grilles etc.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It looks just like the interior of the grills need paint and is Amber tint available for the marker lights? That looks a lot better, make it look like the time capsule it is. I say paint and tint or finding Amber marker lights will make it look stock again.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
You know the lemans then good. I was able to locate mine from a Board member for free minus $30 s/h. Rough shape though. But lucky to have them I looked consistently for 7 yrs.

Yeah, sad shape sucks when it comes to these early A-body cars. I know of the few items it's more than impossible to find things for as of FRT & RR Bumper Filters, Tail lights (?), Headliners, Grilles etc.
You already know...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
It looks just like the interior of the grills need paint and is Amber tint available for the marker lights? That looks a lot better, make it look like the time capsule it is. I say paint and tint or finding Amber marker lights will make it look stock again.
Yes Christian, I will paint the grill insert black. I’d like to find a pair of amber turn signals but I know it’s going to be tough...

Reactions: 3 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor