CUTLASS Turbo LS Cutlass, almost road ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I decided to keep track of this build's budget since I want to keep it around $5k. So many ebay and used parts where utilized.

But....but...."g-body LS swaps aren't cheap" and "a stock 5.3 swap costs $14k". Pretty cool to see you disprove conventional wisdom.

I am collecting parts for a similar build with a similar budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Buster

Apprentice
Jul 26, 2020
PA

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Nice.

What is the motor? Stock? What turbo and cam? Where are you in PA are you? First MS?

Lots of questions. I have to say that 1st fire up and crank up is the moment (that makes me feel like a kid - lol)

Hit us with some details PLEASE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Buster

Apprentice
Jul 26, 2020
PA
Nice.

What is the motor? Stock? What turbo and cam? Where are you in PA are you? First MS?

Lots of questions. I have to say that 1st fire up and crank up is the moment (that makes me feel like a kid - lol)

Hit us with some details PLEASE.

Thanks man

Its a 5.3 out of a 99 1500. I put flat top pistons in it, dual valve spring kit, new lifters, and a Comp Cam 54-602-11 "Big Mutha Thumpr". It also has a 6.2L square port intake with adapters to go to cathedral port.

The turbo is a just a cheap $190 GT45 EMUSA unit from ebay. The wastegates are DNA Tuning 44mm units from ebay. The BOV is a relic from my Audi days, lol an APR R1. Intercooler is from CXRacing, 31x12x3.

TH350 with Alto Red Eagle clutches, one piece front planetary ring, and a TCI Manual Valve Body. 3800-4200 stall torque converter.

3.23 gears out back with the carrier welded solid lol. I'm just going to send it until it blows to pieces, then go 8.8 or 9 inch.

Oh, the fuel system is all from Amazon, knock off 044 pumps in a surge tank in the trunk. Right now I'm running decapped stock injectors.

My favorite part is the B&M Quick Silver ratchet shifter, I love how it feels lol.

Here's some pics

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Love to see other PA guys G Bodys

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor