TURBO REGAL CHINESE HEADERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I try to buy products made on this side of the ocean. In Canada there is not many companies making aftermarket car parts. The problem with getting US made products in Canada is that all the labeling has to be in french and english which increases the costs to do buisness in this country andf many companies refuse to dot it, I have a hard time finding Water Wetter cause it is illegal to sell it here with only english labeling, and then there is the signifigant difference in the value of the dollar between the US and Canada which adds to our cost of buying US products.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
So has anyone had personal experience with these Chinese headers for Turbo V6?
dunno.gif

As far as finance, Americans don't handle it; the (((FED))) does, and itZ never been audited.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
2mn2ejn.gif

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So has anyone had personal experience with these Chinese headers for Turbo V6?
dunno.gif

Nope. Just off-shore headers for other applications. 4th Gen F-body, TBSS, universal turbo headers.

Your turn.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Nope. Just off-shore headers for other applications. 4th Gen F-body, TBSS, universal turbo headers.

Your turn.

Welp -- a lot of somebody's have been buying them for the past ten years. I know you can't even ask at tb.com, not that I could, without being mocked for wanting to save $600.
biggrin.gif

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Do you have a link? I'm looking for some alternatives. Thanks
With this I'm starting to wonder about those stainless Hooker looking knock off shortys just over $100 on Fleabay.

This looks like the same ones. Price went up a tad.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=111298399325

They were very close to fitting with my AC box in place on my Holley engine mounts, up and forward.
C875E99F-DC31-46B7-A969-6FB19612DD77.jpeg

Came with some cheap looking header gaskets and both V-bands. So pretty decent.

They were like $195 CAD shipped to my door. So probably $130-150 US to lower 48. Super cheap.

Reactions: 1 users

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Depends what you mean by "just fine". Without China in the picture, we would most certainly see a slower rate of growth in the market. That might be good enough for you...but not me. Considering the cost of healthcare, inflation, etc. I'm going to need every dollar I can get when I retire.
Well in case you haven,t noticed the economy is great, manufacturing is coming back to America , and made in the U S A means something again. And i will always chose to support American workers over any country . And the market will be better off ,the more manufacturing that comes back here . For far to long we have been listening to the nay sayer,s telling us 1.5%GDP is the new normal . And where are these jobs going to come from ? BAM! ! ! Here they are and more coming ! HIGHEST STOCK MARKET IN HISTORY, LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN 30 YRS, NOW HIRING SIGN,S ON EVERY CORNER ! And just wait until those ridiculous tariffs imposed by the Chinese are gone ! Not to mention all the proprietary information they steal every year from American company,s . No i have no reservations at all about are economy doing just fine without Chinese influence .

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I had a set of ebay grand national headers that a guy threw in when i bought a motor, quality of the metal and welds actually looked great BUT when i installed them on the car it slightly moved the turbo placement and my RJC downpipe didnt want to fit anymore, came into contact with the inner fender i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor