TURBO REGAL CHINESE HEADERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I just noticed this statement in the link you posted, i wonder what downpipe it works with. Deff worth a try

1541167684725.png

Attachments

• 1541167638678.png
    1541167638678.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: 2 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I had a set of ebay grand national headers that a guy threw in when i bought a motor, quality of the metal and welds actually looked great BUT when i installed them on the car it slightly moved the turbo placement and my RJC downpipe didnt want to fit anymore, came into contact with the inner fender i believe.

Now, this is what I was looking for. Some personal experience with these headers for turbo V-6. How old would you say those particular headers are? Apparently, they're not all the same and over the years they have been refined to fit properly. It does say in the current ad that they will not fit with the stock down pipe, (IMPORTANT: This product will NOT work with stock turbo downpipe or aftermarket downpipes of the stock style.) and that there is interference with your aftermarket RJC down-pipe, the down pipe is probably where fitment problems come into play. Obviously, one wouldn't have that problem with $850 TA headers, but between $200 and $850 I'm sure there's plenty of room to correct a fitment problem if you happen to have one. Right?

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Now, this is what I was looking for. Some personal experience with these headers for turbo V-6. How old would you say those particular headers are? Apparently, they're not all the same and over the years they have been refined to fit properly. It does say in the current ad that they will not fit with the stock down pipe, (IMPORTANT: This product will NOT work with stock turbo downpipe or aftermarket downpipes of the stock style.) and that there is interference with your aftermarket RJC down-pipe, the down pipe is probably where fitment problems come into play. Obviously, one wouldn't have that problem with $850 TA headers, but between $200 and $850 I'm sure there's plenty of room to correct a fitment problem if you happen to have one. Right?

And given the "quality" shown in the video SE headers - I'd be all for building my own downpipe to fit the Chinese headers. The funny thing is going to T4/T6 flange, a v-banded downpipe, and eternal wastegate the Turbo Buick world would open up to so many new options not restricted by a 3-bolt flange.

So starting with a $200 set of headers, and a few other proven Chinese parts, everyone would be further ahead.

Reactions: 4 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit

The ones i had was about 4 years ago and im not sure how long the guy had them before he gave them to me all he said is they were some ebay headers. I contacted the seller on ebay questioning the downpipe fitment on the ones you had a link to as i am also in the market for a new set

1541328729042.png

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
This is how they weld in China

_41886906_chinaap220.jpg

DSC00827.JPG

84978-3x2-940x627.jpg

By not equipping their workers with even the most basic of safety equipment, they pass the savings on to you!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
This is how they weld in China

_41886906_chinaap220.jpg

DSC00827.JPG

84978-3x2-940x627.jpg

By not equipping their workers with even the most basic of safety equipment, they pass the savings on to you!
That looks about right ! Except now there government is much more gracious , instead of only two bowls of rice a day they get three [ if they meet production ! ] Shameful !

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since I actually own a set of "Chinese Headers" I will say first hand the weld quality is very good, but if you want to pay 4 times more for a name brand because your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy that knows this kid that's going with this girl that told him everything that comes from China is junk than go for it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The Earth is also flat.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor