Turn signal problems...need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
Swap 4 way flasher with turn signal flasher first
I did the flasher swap, that's how i got the 4 ways working...put the good flasher back in the turn signal spot again but no luck.
I used a test light at the turn signal relay location and there's no voltage there when my signals are activated. Is there a fuse possibly, that I'm missing? The connector at the left rear tail light, no voltage there either...which is odd if my tail lights work AND my 4-ways work...

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I did the flasher swap, that's how i got the 4 ways working...put the good flasher back in the turn signal spot again but no luck.
I used a test light at the turn signal relay location and there's no voltage there when my signals are activated. Is there a fuse possibly, that I'm missing? The connector at the left rear tail light, no voltage there either...which is odd if my tail lights work AND my 4-ways work...
Turn signal are ignition feed, hazards and brake are constant. Check the fuses.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Don't u worry! It will get sorted out. You said that it was a swap.. And interior was changed. And chance that's the source? Maybe the signal mechanism is somthing to look at? Not all parts change as easy for 78-79 cars. Maybe a column l swap?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'll be interested in what you come up with, mine lights but won't flash. I did the flasher swap as well hoping it was the culprit, then swapped everything over to LED hoping that would fix it with an LED flasher. Still no luck......

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If I have a problem with a light I get out my test light and start with the light and work back till I find the source of the problem

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
If I have a problem with a light I get out my test light and start with the light and work back till I find the source of the problem

I don't know if that will help in my situation since it is sending the signal and lighting which would light the test light

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know if that will help in my situation since it is sending the signal and lighting which would light the test light

if you have power at the socket then have you checked the ground with a multimeter set on resistance?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
if you have power at the socket then have you checked the ground with a multimeter set on resistance?

Thanks, no I will have to give that a shot was hoping that it was a bulb problem that the LED would fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor