Turn signal problems...need help!

M

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
Lights and 4 ways are working on my 79 regal sport coupe but i have no turn signals. I checked my blinker relay and it's good, no power even reaching it after checking with a test light. Any ideas on what the problem is??

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
I'm sure someone will chime in. An introduction would be nice.

M

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
I'm sure someone will chime in. An introduction would be nice.
I'm tex. Live up in erie pa.
Just swapped my pick-up for a regal with a transplanted 305. It needs tlc, alot of interior and some body work. It was already gutted for floorpan replacement when i got it. Really excited about turning this into a street beast but as i said before, this electrical issue has me stumped.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Sweet I have a regal as well.. Not sure what your problem is , but there is a ton of knowledgeable people in here.. They will get you right! Hope you stick around.. And a big welcome to the best gbody site .

M

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
I'm tex. Live up in erie pa.
Just swapped my pick-up for a regal with a transplanted 305. It needs tlc, alot of interior and some body work. It was already gutted for floorpan replacement when i got it. Really excited about turning this into a street beast but as i said before, this electrical issue has me stumped.
Sweet I have a regal as well.. Not sure what your problem is , but there is a ton of knowledgeable people in here.. They will get you right! Hope you stick around.. And a big welcome to the best gbody site .
Thanks man, i really appreciate it! I hope i get some direction in this one!
If i knew how to send a pic i would..

Attachments

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Have you checked the harness going into the column itself? Making sure good contact? Make sure you have the correct bulbs in there too

M

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
Have you checked the harness going into the column itself? Making sure good contact? Make sure you have the correct bulbs in there too[/QUOT

I haven't checked the bulbs. I'm assuming they're Right if they work using the 4 ways. It must be a bad connection Somewhere, i was hoping it was something easy and i wouldn't have to tear my dash apart. Whoever swapped the motor left me with a bit of a mess in the wiring dept..lol

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
You'd be surprised what a wrong bulb will do.. I'm assuming you have checked with a light tester on the harness with outv the bulb?

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Check the conector between the tail light & the front to rear harness. There could be corrosion there.

airboatgreg

airboatgreg

Royal Smart Person
Oct 2, 2016
Swap 4 way flasher with turn signal flasher first