Turn signal problems...need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The socket on you car is for a duel element bulb. If you are using a single element led l then that could be your problem

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
The socket on you car is for a duel element bulb. If you are using a single element led l then that could be your problem

It had the same problems prior to LED installation, when I did the LED's I cut off the sockets because they were complete units front and rear. The rear is that LED board that goes into the tail light and the front was a DRL off my edge that fit into the driving light/turn signal location. I know the wiring is giving me fits up front since when I wire up the turn signal up front it goes complete amber once I turn on the headlights. Which is because it is a driving light, so hoping to come up with a work around to get them to run as the white DRL and amber turns as they are supposed to.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what color is the wire you have going to the light socket?. When you said you had power at the socket I thought you meant the power was on and off since we were talking about the signal light.

Last edited:

rcs0296

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2012
tx
Lights and 4 ways are working on my 79 regal sport coupe but i have no turn signals. I checked my blinker relay and it's good, no power even reaching it after checking with a test light. Any ideas on what the problem is??
did you check the turn signal fuse?

rcs0296

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2012
tx
I did the flasher swap, that's how i got the 4 ways working...put the good flasher back in the turn signal spot again but no luck.
I used a test light at the turn signal relay location and there's no voltage there when my signals are activated. Is there a fuse possibly, that I'm missing? The connector at the left rear tail light, no voltage there either...which is odd if my tail lights work AND my 4-ways work...
the turn signal fuse

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Do the brake lights work and are they bright? Turn headlights on and see if brake lights work and are bright

rcs0296

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2012
tx
if the hazards work.all it could be is a blown fuse ,bad flasher or broken wire or bad connection at the turn switch

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor