Uneven Ride Height please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if it's out an inch that will be hard to tell what's wrong by a picture I would think but maybe Bowtie has a plan...

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Yea show us how its sitting and some suspension shots

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I re-read your posts and I'm thinking if the car was level when you loosened all the control arm bushings but after you torqued them the car I assume was unlevel after you moved it. If that is the case it could be the bushing on the corner that is down are torn

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
If all things are equal...bushing torque, control arms, spring rate and height...you may have a bent frame. :(

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
How would I check or adjust the spring rate? Idk why the springs were broken but were also stock with 140,000 miles. But like I said after I loosened the upper control arms, everything sat perfect and looked good. But thien i torqued everything down and it was back to square one. I havent had it aligned yet and i know one of the shims is missing, this couldnt have that huge of an effect though right. And even if it was the alignment, that wouldnt explain how it sit good when everything is loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor