Uneven Ride Height please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
on my car the pass side sits higher then the driver side i replased all my springs and sapenshion bushings "not the body but i know it's not the body bushings becus i took a tape to the fram parts" in the car it is all most like some one is siting on the front driver side hood and some one is picking up on the rear pas side.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
bent frames are not at all uncommon, especially up north, where the elements take a real toll on the strength of the metal. I suggest taking the car to a body shop with a frame machine. They can tell for sure if its a frame problem or something else..... .02

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
mkube396 said:
on my car the pass side sits higher then the driver side i replased all my springs and sapenshion bushings "not the body but i know it's not the body bushings becus i took a tape to the fram parts" in the car it is all most like some one is siting on the front driver side hood and some one is picking up on the rear pas side.

you need to park it on a level surface, remove the lower bolts for the shocks and remove the sway bars. If you used the OEM suspension bushings you need to loosen them up so nothing is interfering with the way the car sits....then bounce each corner and let it settle, then take the measurement.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
mkube396 said:

you need to park it on a level surface, remove the lower bolts for the shocks and remove the sway bars. If you used the OEM suspension bushings you need to loosen them up so nothing is interfering with the way the car sits....then bounce each corner and let it settle, then take the measurement.

X2....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and if it still uneven you'll need to remove the springs and get them rated so you know they are not the problem...

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
and if it still uneven you'll need to remove the springs and get them rated so you know they are not the problem...
So you think a bent frame is not a possiblility?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bill said:
pontiacgp said:

what I'm saying is all the suspension components have to be checked out first...as far as a bent frame that would be visible with uneven gaps between body parts, doors not opening and closing properly.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
bill said:
pontiacgp said:

what I'm saying is all the suspension components have to be checked out first...as far as a bent frame that would be visible with uneven gaps between body parts, doors not opening and closing properly.
I see your point....

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
I installed every thing new on this car to try to fix this.
Springs front and rear
New springs front and rear
The Frame is fine no rust any where

New rubber control arm bushings "guy before me installed energy suspension kit and they where JUNK! Every bushing was locked up and the pins in the center where frozen to the polly” <<< switching to the Rubber bushings did help a little..

Thicker F-body sway bar
Took the rear bar off
Disconnected the shocks “all new and all had even force to install”

Doors and hood and trunk are even every thing shuts nice.

My may take it to a shop soon but I fear they will just tell me I am retarded and show me some thing I missed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor