Uneven Ride Height please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
ok when i installed all new Bushings in my car it didn’t matter ware i got them from they all had the same part number in the rubber with "Harris" Nappa, TRW-from advance, even Duralast-from autozone
now for the kicker if you installed napa Bushin you over payed at $23 a bushing! for the same bushing as TRW from advance and Duralast from auto zone $13 each.... Just so you guys are aware.

do what every one is saying "loosen all the control arm bushing bolts and see how the car sits on a flat surface" bounce on all 4 corners to make sure every thing is moving free i did this and now every thing is free and level now and make sure you torque every thing up good so no bushings slip

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I forgot to mention to bounce the car on each corner a few times...thanks for catching that

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
Thanks guys....well I finished my body bushings today with no change in height. However, those poly body bushings make for a pretty rough ride, but great handling. It made me find every single rattle my car has!!! I'm gonna loosen everything tomorrow and take pictures for you guys! I've about had it with this stuff!!! :wtf:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you installed poly bushings the bolts are not torqued. For the front lowers I use a double nut and for the rear I use a locking nut.

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
No I used rubber control arm bushings....I just loosened the bottoms and it sits good. I know you can measure the fenders but I did and the high side was only 1/4 inch higher than the other. I measured from the frame to the top of the bump stop on both sides and it's equal. What's the deal? I didn't mess with the top cuz I wanted to figure out if it was the top or bottom...what's the torque on the bottom bolts?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you need to loosen all the control arms, park it on a known level surface and measure the frame to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor