Uneven Ride Height please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if they are the OEM style they may be defective. Have you loosened all the control arm bushing to see how the car sits on a flat surface? You mentioned that your body had an uneven gap, did the body bushings get replaced?

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
I'm in the middle of doing that....I have it' high in the air and that's when I noticed this....they are oem rubber bushings I'll try loosening everything and seeing how it hangs. One of the bottom bolts broke on the lca and I replaced it with one that was loose in there. Do you know the stock size bolt so I could order one?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was going to say 7/16 but I think they are metric. Measure the length you need and take one of the nuts to match it up with a bolt

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
I was going to say 7/16 but I think they are metric. Measure the length you need and take one of the nuts to match it up with a bolt
18 millimeter is the nut size...not sure about the bolt and thread.

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
Man you guys are the best....I'll take the nut off the other side to match up to a metric bolt cuz the 7/16th bolt is sloppy. Im assuming the side that is not as low is the side that's hanging up. Ill undo one bushing at a time and hopefully it'll come down!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if one side is dropping down without loosening up the bolt that could be your problem. The oem bushings are part of the suspension and play a part in the ride height.

chevyfan16

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2012
Evergreen Park, IL
So Wat do you recommend I do to figure it out.....the drivers side is the one that hangs lower but sits higher when on the ground. When I did those bushing I kinda beat the s*** out of it trying to get the bushings out. How can I tell if I bent it?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
like I said I'd loosen all the control arm bushing bolts and see how the car sits on a flat surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor