upgraded sealed beam headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I wanna upgrade the old lights and put something a bit brighter, and was just wondering what others are doing and what different brands are better than others

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
on my 81 Malibu I did the Hella Vision Plus Conversion Headlights 003427291 . night and day difference. I also did the upgrade headlight harness with relays . fit perfect and are much brighter at night.i plan to do all four of the 4x6 lamps on my 83 wagon when I get that car on the road

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

bubbameano

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2015
Florida
I'm using the Sylvania SilverStars on my Caminos. They are very bright for just changing bulbs

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
long time ago my friend and i bought cibie' headlamps with h4 bulbs for our gbodies and swap in 90/100w bulbs. now i just use silverstar headlights. i tried the siverstar bulbs on my 95 caprice, they would last about a year, then once one burned out, the other would go within a week. odd

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dana,
I'm using Hella H4's, but would like to add additional relays to enhance the candlepower. They are brighter than sealed beams just the way they are.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
on my 81 Malibu I did the Hella Vision Plus Conversion Headlights 003427291 . night and day difference. I also did the upgrade headlight harness with relays . fit perfect and are much brighter at night.i plan to do all four of the 4x6 lamps on my 83 wagon when I get that car on the road
Ed,
Can you tell me where you got your upgrade harness kit with relays?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I got the harnesses on ebay. its been quite awhile. so could not tell you who i even got them from.
That's okay. Thanks anyway. If you come across any information, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor