Upgrades to windshield wiper motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguns

n00b
Nov 2, 2021
The motor pigtail came with the motor when I bought it, but they are pretty easy to find in the junkyard. I bought mine off of ebay due to the COVID lockdown crap that was going on, but they are pretty easy to find.

Those motors actually wire perfectly to the 2 speed switch in 84-87 positive ground systems. I don't have a negative ground switch to check against.

View attachment 163346 View attachment 163347

The wiring isn't terrible on the motor.

Yellow - +12v, goes to acc tap in the fuse panel
Purple - High Speed
Brown - Low/Delay, +12v for low speed, 0-680k variable resistor inline for delay
Red - Wash cycle, +12v while switch is in wash position.
Dk Green - Unsure on that one, may not be connected on mine, but I will have to look.
I want to just hook the wiper motor to a toggle switch to run the wipers at low speed. I have an 86 monte SS. What wires need to go to positive an what wires need to go to negative? I have a red wire, a grey wire, a green wire, a yellow wire that goes to another connector, and a purple wire that is also on the same connector as the yellow wire. See pictures below.

Attachments

• ww1.jpg
    ww1.jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 68
  • ww2.jpg
    ww2.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ww3.jpg
    ww3.jpg
    797.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor