Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
getimage.php

1991 PONTIAC FIREBIRD 5.0L V8 : Emission : EGR Vacuum Solenoid Wiki Price
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # VS18 More Information About this Part {#1997173, 214339}
EGR Vacuum Solenoid; Formula Engine VIN E; Base Model Engine VIN E

Part Image
Choose:
$18.96
Add Part
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 2F1097 More Information About this Part {#1997173, EVS30}
Formula Engine VIN E; Base Model Engine VIN E

Part Image
$39.79
OK, check this out. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1251740,parttype,4964 Is this the one? The part #'s don't jive with what you posted, but the application says this is it. I always try RockAuto first, just to see if it exists, then try to get a better price. Their shipping costs are high, but sometimes you gotta just bend over. Double check your application, let 's see if this is the one.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
Bonnewagon said:
but sometimes you gotta just bend over. Double check your application, let 's see if this is the one.
today after work I'm gonna' start pulling stuff since I will finally have the time to do so. Pulling the Diaphragm it controls and clean that. Heard that the valve up in there can get stuck as well. Clean the EGR as well while I'm at it...

Application does sound correct on your post... When I gank that solenoid I will compare it with your "Pic" and go from there.

Thank you gentleman..... "I owe, I owe, It's off to freaken' work I go..... :puke: "

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
Got the solenoid and EGR vacuum pulled. The solenoid you posted is correct and I can get it from autozone for 35 bucks and the EGR vacuum for 55 bucks...

I have gotton alot of good help from "3rdGen.Org" but I think some of the knuckle-heads there are more concerned with OEM/ Strictly Factory Delco parts.... They had me convinced this was the end of the world, when I can get aftermarket parts at Autozone..... :rofl:

Winter work is slow so I am going to have to run rough/EGR delete till I get my tax return. She runs rough but I get back and forth to work OK (round trip 45 miles)

This never happened till I jokingly ran my mouth to "Rocket Dog" Damn stupid Karma! :wtf:

Another 6 week project???? I really appreciate the help guys......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor