Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Bitchin'-Buick said:
pontiacgp said:
if you get the non power brake wheel cylinders for a 85 S10 they have a larger piston which gives you better rear braking.. here's the part # for the Bendix wheel cylinders (#WC37644T). They fit identical to the G body cylinders
The backing plate kit I ordered comes with a new wheel cylinder, assuming stock. That's ok with my 3.8NA in my Buick we are going nowhere fast..... :rofl: Unfortunately no need for big/better brakes.....

What I need to order is 2 of these wheel cylinder clips I saw in an older thread. >>>>> http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-GMB2585 ... B000C71FZU

I think one of those comes with the backing plate also.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
pontiacgp said:
I should not have mentioned axle seals...was just doing a look see at the jeep so I don't get any surprises, had it up on the lift with the wheels off and looking at the back brakes and discovered I have an axle seal leaking.. :rofl:
Consider yours as a warm-up before you come show me the ropes in Toledo.....

Good new year to you and all! Bout to throw some steaks on the grill here soon... :mrgreen: (no propane here boys!)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't need the jeep to warm me up, I've done too many rear ends...it's my winter slide and it's not supposed to cost me any money and I do not want to do any work on it...and now today the charging system is acting up... :?

but a steak does sound good.. :)

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
Record time for a backing plate/brake re-install: 6 weeks. :rofl:

Just have to re-install new rear/diff gasket and fluid............ Is it April yet?

Swap out stock 3.8 intake for a 4.1 intake and small 4 barrel.... Worth the work? Not lookin' for a race car just want to wake up the 3.8? Thanks - Mike

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
hmmm.. "Record time for a backing plate/brake re-install"

think you can do the other side a little quicker?... :mrgreen:

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
pontiacgp said:
think you can do the other side a little quicker?... :mrgreen:
Just need to get parts for the other side.... April is 11 weeks away? New slacker record?

Other side looks fine but I know while she is up on blocks I should do it right and do both sides......

Shouldn't you be fixin' up your winter beast anyways?. My winter ride runs great ......... :mrgreen:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just changed the alternator in my jeep and that's more than I wanted to do...as for the axle seal it's real cold here now so I don't think the rear end oil will warm up enough to thin out so it shouldn't be leaking..
th_Weather-Freezing.gif

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
Rocket Dog>>>(pontiacgp) you seem very knowledgeable so I am hijacking my own thread about my other beloved GM car to ask for your help. (karma got me back :rofl: ) 91'Formula, 305TBI(LO3) just started running bad after my last post to you: Code 32>>> EGR Solenoid<<<. GM part # 1997171/Delco 214-338 obsolete. Not getting much info back from "thirdGen.Org" yet, where I have been a member for over 3 years. Research done to the best of my abilities within the net and 3RdGen is this part is hard to come by even used. Common for these to fail in 3rd's.... Parts stores list them but don't have them! Weekend Agenda: Pull EGR and clean. Pull diaphragm that is controlled by the solenoid and clean. See what happens...

If the solenoid is obsolete like my research came too is there a similar motor I can use one from? Thanks - Mike

I apologise to the Adm/Mods/forumn for this but this is why I love this forum so much that it is more relaxed in regards to GM's which we all love. ANYTHING posted at 3rdgen that is not 3rdgen related is deleted ASAP (GM or not, it is deleted ASAP) :wtf:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think Bonnewagon can be more helpful on this one than me...I'll pm him and ask him to chime in on this one..

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
pontiacgp said:
I think Bonnewagon can be more helpful on this one than me...I'll pm him and ask him to chime in on this one..
Im just a weekend mechanic and claim to be nothing more and appreciate all the help. Have to be up 5AM so unfortunately should call it a night. I remember Bonnewagaon giving me suggestions on my "coil spring perch issues" about 2 years ago..... Likes his wagon for more fishing pole room If I remember correctly..... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor