Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
"sorry but a goat is an Pontiac/American icon and there is no excuse to drop a chevy engine into it....."

Yes there is, if you want to slow it down so your grand ma ma can drive it. :rofl:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
[Don't tell me that I don't have heart, because I could tell you my story about this 84 Grand Prix that I'm building which is in my blood, and all I've given to this baby is my blood, sweat and tears for years and years. This is my lifeblood here and if you compare yourself to me I will be glad to do a side-by-side with you to see who has more "heart" -- so don't tell me that i don't have heart just because I opted to put a Pat Musi crate motor in my baby. I have done my research and have saved my money and this car was supposed to be done years ago, but it isn'because you really can't trust anyone on this planet, it's weird how the human race is all about stepping over each other to get ahead no matter the damage it causes. I've literally gOne through HELL for my project car and I have put in nothing BUT heart into it and yes, I'm gonna take it on the offensive when you tell me that I have no heart and I'm the type who just wants to "go fast" and that I have sh*t loads of money, don't f***ing accuse me of being one of those people, I know that type and for the record, I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

MY pro touring Grand Prix is for STREET ONLY and built to "BE ABLE" to run the strip, if I wanted, even though it will never see the track. It can place well and might even take 1st place at car shows, but I'm not building it for car shows. I'm building this car for myself, not to go fast or win races. I've done my research and have chosen a crate motor that has the power, torque, and driveability factors together with the reliability and peace of mind -- this motor is touted as being "smooth as glass" and was featured in a build called "Project Grandma" with the notion that your grandmother should be able to take the car to the grocery store with no problem. Main factor is the 24 month, unlimited mile warrantee which I'm sure Pat Musi himself will honour (with Edelbrock).

By your token and definition of "heart" you would be the person who mines the iron then purifies it to derive composite steel and mold it into the bolts that will hold your carburator together that you rebuilt from scratch. Do you have that heart? NO, I don't think so. I'm sure you have purchased parts that were pre-assembled for whatever reason and that doesn't mean you have no heart. So don't tell me that I don't have heart just because I have chosen a crate motor after all the shyt I've gone through which I haven't even TOUCHED ON in this post.

And by the way -- I would NEVER buy a ferrari.[/quote]

Man i understand being annoyed, but take it easy. :wtf: :blam:

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
so who else thinks im wrong for my dream car being a pontiac, with a chevy 454?

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
seriously? i think ive heard enough of your smart *ss opinions. pontiac makes the damn car. GTO is not its own car company. look at the picture. what badge is on the front of that ****ing hood? PONTIAC.

MEGA-BYTE ME

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
no problems here, as long as it's not a numbers matching car. (assuming a rare car like an original GTO) but i know that if i was talking about the car my first words would be 196x GTO with a chevy xxxci motor.
i understand where the guys are coming from about keeping the "right" motor, but by the same token they should be saying "use only the "right" parts". is there a real difference between aftermarket and chevy? at least chevy is GM. it's the right corporation!
but they're are more than entitled to their opinion AS ARE YOU!
as to 454muscle, i'll just assume that he's having a bad day or he's gotten sh*t over the motor or the car or SOMETHING!
yes your generalization is wrong in his and others cases, but not completely out of line. most people who get a crate motor are going for the easy route, maybe not on the whole car though.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
actually that goat looks familiar. where's it from in NY?

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
ok. so reading the last post made me realize i didnt give enough info before. the car was a salvage yard build up. when it was pieced together the only thing numbers matching was the rear end and engine. along with complete body except hood. so just to clarify, it was not a mint/ collectors car. we found it in a junk yard and built it. and for the record i have the 400 sitting in my 86 caprice which is sitting in a barn in the south. so with that said, and me forgetting to say it was a track build, thats why i want a goat with a blown 454

Attachments

• cutlassdash9.jpg
    cutlassdash9.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Cutlassdashpad1_zpse068714f.jpg
    Cutlassdashpad1_zpse068714f.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor