Wagon picture thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I believe the only fillers that work on the wagon are from the sedan...I've checked on these before...
You are correct. You can use '82-'83 Regal wagon and '82-'87 Regal sedan fillers.
Rear bumpers and guards are the same for all '78-'83 wagons and '78-'87 El Caminos.
Love the wagon. I had an '81 Century wagon a few years back.
'78-'81 Buick G-wagons are Century's.
In '82, the Century name went to the new fwd A platform so '82-'83 wagons became Regals.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
You are correct. I originally was. Block wasn't good once I tore it apart and I said eff it. Didn't do anything for awhile and my pops offered me a deal by purchasing the 383 for me and working on it to give himself something to do during retirement. Plus he has more knowledge with old school so it will be easier to trouble shoot anything.

Reactions: 1 user

Hunter Urban

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2015
Clayton, North Carolina
Sweet! I have an 83 in the driveway but its a junk car. No tailgate, no engine/trans, and unfortunately we used it as a painting booth. Interior is wrecked also.
My 83 Malibu wagon that will be getting the engine in it that you see below. Blue Print 383 with roller cam. The engine is about 4X the cost of the car itself when it had the stock engine.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sweet! I have an 83 in the driveway but its a junk car. No tailgate, no engine/trans, and unfortunately we used it as a painting booth. Interior is wrecked also.
Hunter,
Would you consider selling a few small parts out of it? It's not for me, but for another Malibu wagon guy that's missing a few things on his newly acquired wagon.

Todd Barboza

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2015
Yep...the fillers are gone...thinking of tucking the rear bumper and making small fillers out of metal to fill that void. My neighbor does body work as a side job and is good. I think Regal coupe fillers will work in the front...

Only thing I need is a right rear bumper guard as mine is dented.

Thanks for checking her out...
There is a Regal wagon in a salvage yard here - I think it has the front fillers. Could check if you like? thanks

Hunter Urban

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2015
Clayton, North Carolina
Hunter,
Would you consider selling a few small parts out of it? It's not for me, but for another Malibu wagon guy that's missing a few things on his newly acquired wagon.
I would have to talk to my dad. The only things salvageable are the body panels. We are pulling the dash for my 78. What parts does he need?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would have to talk to my dad. The only things salvageable are the body panels. We are pulling the dash for my 78. What parts does he need?
I think it's a few piddly things..nothing major. I'll PM you.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Here is our latest G-body. !983 Malibu wagon. After some touches it will be going to Vancouver, Wash to be a player in the Sportsman class at PIR.
imagejpeg_0 (1).jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Very nice, Bruce.
I like the color. I assume it's a street and strip car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor