What brand heads do you like and why ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gw86montess

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2010
NYC / Va Beach
Thinking about buying new heads.... What brand do you like and why ???? I have a sbc... It's a 350, 4 bolt main , Forged stock crank , 30 over ,Chevy pink rods with arp bolts , Trw flat top pistons .. I'm looking to spray it with a 150 or 200 shot.. I want to go roller cam and rocker arms.. Right now I have 280 mega cam .. 488 lift with old school double hump heads.. I want to upgrade with aluminum heads..I also have a Turbo 400 trans with a 2600 or 2800 stall converter... I want to be in the ballpark around 2g's more or less for roller cam , lifter ,heads ,roller rocker arms, screw in studs.....My monte will see some street duty and track.. Thank's for your input !!!

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
my buddy has AFR's on the stroker in his chevy truck. hes right around 600 horse. pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
clean lookin monte too! 8)

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
AFR heads or maybe the new e street edelbrocks . If you want good flow for cheaper check out RHS heads . Had good luck with them .

vic84supersport

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2011
PHoenix
dammmn broo sweet set up....shoot i usually jus stick with vortec heads lol but if i had the money i go for some aluminum head afr too lol but thats like 15 17 houndred lol

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Welcome to the site......Excellent looking Monte. I am running the Dart Pro-1 Aluminum heads ....also have a 488/510 cam and the heads made the cam "Bigger"....Well worth the $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor