What chevy small block crate should I swap in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
You haven't mentioned how you intend to use your car, but let's assume it will be a cruiser/tire burner. If that's the case, then 300-350hp is more than plenty IMO and it's much more budget friendly.

Of course it's your money, but some other things need to be considered when the HP approaches or goes beyond 350-400 : rear, transmission, torque converter, brakes and suspension. Your stock, or mostly stock components, will handle up to 350 hp for a long time in stock form. You can spend a pile of money upgrading the trans and rear alone. Again, maybe you have already considered these items, but maybe you haven't. Either way let us know, or at least consider everything that will need money.

Good luck - Jim

I considered all of that. same as my 01 camaro SS once I got higher power I upgraded everything else as well. It is def on my expense list. but im less concerned with those aspects than the initial engine decision.

I just happen to run into some G body people today when I was racing at street wars at E-town and apparently the proformance unlimited that is located by he he has heard very good things about so we will see

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Been doing alot of research lately and speaking to some people. I am leaning towards an ATK fully dressed 383 stroker crate.

anyone have any experience first hand with that company? Anyone have any other brand suggestions? Proformance unlimited which i was interested in because they were located near me recently moved to FL so that knocks them out.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
There is a local dude that had a PACE 350 Vortec, he was happy with it.

My advice, for what its worth, get the biggest size with the best heads you can. Or, one with a great warranty. Call em up and ask for a referral, if they let you talk to a customer....that should say it all.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
There is a local dude that had a PACE 350 Vortec, he was happy with it.

My advice, for what its worth, get the biggest size with the best heads you can. Or, one with a great warranty. Call em up and ask for a referral, if they let you talk to a customer....that should say it all.

I was looking pace-performanc as well, they also sell blueprint engines but ive heard mixed things...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor