What color looks best on a 81 to 88 G Body Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
At first when I picked mine up I couldnt tell what the color was. Had a thick coating of tree sap on it. Washed it about 3 times and it didnt help so my neighbor that does a lot of car detailing ran a buffer over it. Turned out real nice. Theres not much shine left in the paint long term but for the 3 weeks after it got buffed it looked awesome. Color is stock "dark jadestone metallic". I really like it. Am going to repaint it the same color in a few years. Believe it is a 81 year only color.
picture358.jpg

picture359.jpg

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
racing8up said:
i love the color of your car im gonna do a 2 tone like your jus the oppisit tho but yours is sharp man i love it sweeeeeeeeeeet! heres mine im gonna do dark briar brown on top with my factory light briar brown on bottom
Thanks for the compliments on my car!
I appreciate it.

BBC505

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2009
I see to many g bodies painted Blue, Green, Brown, White. What about this color? 8)

Attachments

• 81 Cutlass.jpg
    81 Cutlass.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,370

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
FE3X CLONE said:
In my opinion, on an Olds or Buick, you want to stick with darker colors or white. Dark blues, Maroon's, Black, etc. I just don't think the bright reds, yellows, etc. look right on them as opposed to a Monte SS.
I disagree :mrgreen:

http://www.fe3xolds.com/1988hurstolds.htm

Picture20071-large.jpg

cn88a-large.jpg

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
I am not so much a fan of the brown colors as they just don't seem to really "pop" when all cleaned up, but still nice colors.

I like this one the best :D
P1050280.jpg

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
B L A C K

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor