What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Bought packages of 200 and 200k ohm resistors to fix the low readings on my stock '87 El Camino tachs. Each package contained 6 resistors but the best part was the price...$1 each. I purchased two different values because my online research found references where both 200 and 200k ohm resistors were used. Also, I didn't want to make multiple trips to the electronics store. In the end, the 200k ohm resistor did the trick!

As for the repair itself, it only requires making two quick, small solders on the back of the circuit board. This was a GREAT DIY fix for G bodies! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
you remembered which decade but is there anything else you can remember about high school..... :popcorn:

I remember my girlfriends. But, that was in the late-90s/early-2000s.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
you remembered which decade but is there anything else you can remember about high school..... :popcorn:
I remember that was the time when $2.35 hr was minimum wage, Chev Vegas were everywhere, and tri-5s were what everyone wanted. Two out of three are but a memory these days, but those tri-5s are still a lot of people's dream car. The classics are forever.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I remember getting a t-shirt from a Rush concert. Just don't ask me about the concert. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Had the Mrs. pick up a new battery for the Monte - group 78 big boy with 1000CCAs.

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
my favorite yard is finally reopen so I dropped in the grab these out of a Cutlass. The GP armrest on the drivers side is torn and I can't find a replacement so I'll covert it to what I got from the Cutlass. It had better visors than mine so I grabbed them too. $25 isn't a bad price
IMG_0923.JPG

Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor