What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Brake lines showed up! I found them for $55 plus $6 shipping from RVAutoparts.com. They jumped up to $70 on Amazon. Ordered Friday, they showed up today!

Attachments

• BACC59CA-9263-41DC-A373-27A683DE9320.jpeg
    BACC59CA-9263-41DC-A373-27A683DE9320.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Reactions: 5 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Went on a nature walk to the Pull-a-Part today and found an F-body cooling fan for the Bonneville. Had I known that the F-Body fans fit under the radiator top plate with no other fasteners needed, I would have ditched my Cloud car fans a long time ago.

Still won't be able to drive it until after the new fan controller comes in, but it looks 10x better than the old one.

IMG_20200608_204910.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You work for Firestone! You don't get discounts?
Firestone (afaik) doesnt make a 15" "normal" passenger car tire anymore, certainly not a 235/60/15, you have to take the car to a firestone tire store, prove its yours, show your work id badge, have a bunch of idiots touch said car, nah. I'll pass. Discount isnt bad, I think it's like 15% normally then I think either 40 or 50% for a select grouping od brands/models of tire each quarter. But, if you have a classic car, you're SOL unless you change wheels just to take advantage of a discount, plus do all the other sh*t. PLUS: The 1 time I did, they wouldn't let me use my discount because the only tires they carried that fit my car (I chose 205/75/14 hancook optimo white walls, 26" tall, for my steelies) weren't firestone, didn't put them white wall out like I told them too, even though I had the lady write a note to the guy, didn't remove old wheel weights just put new ones on, and said I had to pay for a rebalance if I wanted it fixed, and recently (different store) told my dad they wouldn't do an alignment on his Nissan unless he bought new struts, which we just ****in replaced last summer, and charged him over $100 to top off his refrigerant.

*heavy breathing*

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Firestone (afaik) doesnt make a 15" "normal" passenger car tire anymore, certainly not a 235/60/15, you have to take the car to a firestone tire store, prove its yours, show your work id badge, have a bunch of idiots touch said car, nah. I'll pass. Discount isnt bad, I think it's like 15% normally then I think either 40 or 50% for a select grouping od brands/models of tire each quarter. But, if you have a classic car, you're SOL unless you change wheels just to take advantage of a discount, plus do all the other sh*t. PLUS: The 1 time I did, they wouldn't let me use my discount because the only tires they carried that fit my car (I chose 205/75/14 hancook optimo white walls, 26" tall, for my steelies) weren't firestone, didn't put them white wall out like I told them too, even though I had the lady write a note to the guy, didn't remove old wheel weights just put new ones on, and said I had to pay for a rebalance if I wanted it fixed, and recently (different store) told my dad they wouldn't do an alignment on his Nissan unless he bought new struts, which we just ****in replaced last summer, and charged him over $100 to top off his refrigerant.

*heavy breathing*

you get worked up too quick, a simple reply would have worked....Firestone kinda gives an employee 15% discount but they don't make 15" tires any longer... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Bought some cleaner so hopefully I can get some of the greasy hand prints and other imperfections off the dip

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
you get worked up too quick, a simple reply would have worked....Firestone kinda gives an employee 15% discount but they don't make 15" tires any longer... :popcorn:
in short:

discount good

I can't/refuse to use it for various reasons.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
how is that distributor working?.... :popcorn:
Love it. I want to add a couple degrees to the max timing but I have been working on painting the front end and I'm waiting to get the car put back together. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to keep their carburetor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor