What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, now. Will I'll be the first 2023 post to show what I bought for my G-body?

I randomly piddle through ebay sometimes just looking and "browsing" to kill some time mostly when I'm on the interwebs.

Look at me, I'm just browsing!
KrOWxp.gif

I had mentioned this in previous threads, sometimes the prices are a tad high for stuff that you trip up on until you realize they are made out of unobtanium. Then it's not as horrible. Because if you don't want to pay it, someone else will.

It happened to me in the form of Code 79 Claret factory-style floor mats. Not just the fronts, or the rears, but the entire set! I was cruising along just "browsing" and saw Claret floor mats. Thought, would be nice if they were for a G-body. Checked the part numbers and sure as sh*t. A tad more pricey than I would have liked, obviously, but for a complete set of 4, that doesn't just fall out of the sky. And overall, they weren't terribly pricey for what they are considering availability, or lack thereof.

They're dead ringer replacements for the ones that came in the trunk when the car was new, rubber nubbies on the back of the front ones, and rubbery ridges on the back of the rear ones. Plus the rubber extension for the area around the gas pedal. GM sold accessory carpeted mats across the counter under the Goodwrench label, but they weren't factory style. Nice, but not exact. They also had rubber floor mats that you could buy through the accessories.

But these? Unobtanium. Pleased as punch to get them.

1674924987004.png

1674925071684.png

1674925146920.png

Reactions: 14 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screaming like an excited schoolgirl!
the-hills-lauren-conrad.gif

I finally found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This browsing stuff sometimes pays off. For over 10 years, I've been searching for an NOS alarm chime module for an 87-88 Cutlass G-body. They came on B-bodies and later J bodies and some other junk as well, but regardless, finding an NOS one is more like platinum unobtanium. Waiting for the other shoe is going to drop. I usually never get that lucky. That's 2 unobtanium pieces I've had an eye out for a LONG time that suddenly appeared in the same week. Who knew "browsing" could work out?

1675032008944.png

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That's 2 unobtanium pieces I've had an eye out for a LONG time that suddenly appeared in the same week. Who knew "browsing" could work out?
{Using telepathy} Must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame, must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame, must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame,...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
{Using telepathy} Must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame, must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame, must find a C3 driver side power mirror glass frame,...
I need to go check, but I think I found a car that might have one.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
What you're forgetting is first rule of 69hurstolds Parts Club.... parts that enter 69hurstolds ' stash, STAY in 69hurstolds ' stash.....

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
When I checked car-part.com it was only showing cable or manual but they had a decent bit of places with them still listed
Firefox_Screenshot_2023-01-30T17-05-04.470Z.png

Reactions: 3 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Stock Rotors, wheel bearings and grease seals came in today. Here is the '80 outside this afternoon, turned it around and backed in so I can work on the passenger side door and fender.

IMG_3875.jpeg IMG_3874.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’ve dove into the deep end. From $22/5 quart Amazon oil to $100/case. I guess I’m going to show this beech some love (against my better judgement.) 72AE1FF2-F637-4B1E-939D-DC816348A8FD.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor