What did you buy for your G body today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Does a new daily count? If not we can say that the 6.0/4L80e will eventually go into the Cutlass.
Anyhow I got a killer deal on this 2500HD. It’s overheating but I have a suspicion that the thermostat has been removed. Either ways it’s getting rad and water pump. Some seat covers and a carpet. It’s gonna be daily driven while I do a ton a stuff to the Cutlass. Then eventually pull the motor and trans on this keep the lq4 on the side and swap the 4l80 into the Cutlass.
70CC0437-B31D-4A9D-BDB8-CB9319766605.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
It was below 100 here in Mesa today so I took advantage and ran to the junkyard. It’s rainy but figured I’d do fine. They had an 85 Monte SS that hit the yard about 2 weeks ago. I got there and it was picked over pretty well already. Found some little stuff I’ve been missing for a while. I’ve been missing the rear trim piece for my headliner since I’ve owned the car. This one came with the clips still in it so that’s a win, even though I’ll probably still need to replace them. The studs on my speaker grills were broken so these were a good replacement. I am missing two vents in my dash so I grabbed the entire dash piece with three of the four vents just to get the ones I needed and have a spare too. Also got the mode selector cable and vacuum harness for the ac. Still troubleshooting my system and figured a spare wouldn’t hurt to do tests with. Also not pictured is a dash cover that was heavily soiled. Gunna see if I can bring it back to useful with some degreaser and a good cleaning. All in I paid $18 for everything. Worth going out in this humidity and a little bit of rain for sure!

FFE76D81-D1D8-4969-882A-71E9A273C79C.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
88AZSS,
I don't suppose the plastic vacuum lines that run into the engine compartment were there, were they? I have a back up plan, but you know, would like to have the original ones if possible.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
88AZSS,
I don't suppose the plastic vacuum lines that run into the engine compartment were there, were they? I have a back up plan, but you know, would like to have the original ones if possible.
You know what, I can’t say for sure but I do recall thinking how odd it was that a lot of the AC stuff under the hood was still there. Old and tired but still there from what I remember. With that said, I didn’t look close enough to see if those were or were not one of the things still on the car. I would say it’s worth a check honestly, we don’t get many G Body’s in the yards around here. This was at the Pull N Save in Gilbert on Cooper.

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
You know what, I can’t say for sure but I do recall thinking how odd it was that a lot of the AC stuff under the hood was still there. Old and tired but still there from what I remember. With that said, I didn’t look close enough to see if those were or were not one of the things still on the car. I would say it’s worth a check honestly, we don’t get many G Body’s in the yards around here. This was at the Pull N Save in Gilbert on Cooper.
you guys got some nice yards out there! can't remember the last time I saw a paved parking lot at a PnP or a nice smooth non-gravel PnP yard. I see som regular piles in the SE corner. is this where they bury the bodies of thieves? :ROFLMAO:

1659215239362.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
you guys got some nice yards out there! can't remember the last time I saw a paved parking lot at a PnP or a nice smooth non-gravel PnP yard. I see som regular piles in the SE corner. is this where they bury the bodies of thieves? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 203533
That's where you the arms and legs to pay the gas prices

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I'll try and get over there today (or Tomorrow). Thank you!

Jun 26, 2022
Purchased headliner, restored seats, back tailgate strip, alarm, floor insulation, a ton of clips,

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Bought two tires for the Bonneville. Yet another one got potholed to death and broke a belt. I am pretty sure it was the newest of the tires, too!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Ordered a bunch of little stuff from Atech, wanted to get the free shipping but couldn't bring myself to pay what they wanted for th Optispark distributor just so they can't say thats the problem. They had to ship the NGK plugs from Vegas, but the rest should be here today. Thermostat housing since the last one I got was chrome and would never seal right, ceramic plug wires, the Holley USB cable, exhaust flange gaskets, and the distributor wrench's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor