What did you do at work today?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It was spring trash pick up day in our county so all the crews had to clean the state maintained roads. So on our adventures I came in "2nd place" with my treasure I found. A crew out did ours by "winning" with finding a mobile meth lab. Mine was still in the box with one on our crew testing it to see if it worked. There is at least one found each year. People are sick, dirty & don't care where or what they throw out on the roads. 20220512_134512.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Definitely owned by a long haul trucker , was it found near or adjacent to a pee bottle ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It was spring trash pick up day in our county so all the crews had to clean the state maintained roads. So on our adventures I came in "2nd place" with my treasure I found. A crew out did ours by "winning" with finding a mobile meth lab. Mine was still in the box with one on our crew testing it to see if it worked. There is at least one found each year. People are sick, dirty & don't care where or what they throw out on the roads. View attachment 198352
Funny you bring that up, was talking the the laborer for the demo side of the business when I ran fuel the other day and he was talking about the large amount of dildos they find when tearing down houses. He said that his job title should almost be change to ***** recovery unit

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
When I was a mechanic I did a lot of dash work and oh my the stuff I found stashed

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Local heating and plumbing company was recently hit by thieves. They broke into a shop which housed the work truck with the keys in it. The thieves fill up the truck with copper and tools. The police found the truck awhile later an hr an half away cleaned out. Even the ign key was gone. Well after finding a new key the initial start up they were surprised with a new aggressive exhaust tone. Yep as a good guess the cats were cut off too. That was my job today was to install new ones. Bad enough replacing one or two cats a few yrs ago was expensive but now the price of universal cats have tripled and quadrupled. Frustrated to think the thieves will prob make pennys on the dollar vs the loss of this company has to take. Sure their is insurance, that doesn’t cover everything. Almost forgot a week later a business a few blocks away got hit similar.

View attachment 197853

View attachment 197854
I hate a thief. Easier to clamp down on the buyers. A friend of mine owns a metal recycling shop and I asked him. His reply was a chickens**t "I don't know they stole it"

• Angry

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Mine was still in the box with one on our crew testing it to see if it worked. There is at least one found each year. People are sick, dirty & don't care where or what they use at work out on the roads. View attachment 198352
Appropriate edit? Let the masses decide.

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Lemme see, A Friday the 13th North Side shift? What could go right?/ Well, pretty much everything. Got an early start and no glitches apart from an ongoing saga with a defaulting door fob that seems to want to haunt me only. Got an up close and personal view of several of the local rivers deciding that their existing banks weren't wide enough. The brand newly rebuilt dam on the north side had all its sluice ways wide open and they were just pushing water. South was saying she had to stop on her way in for shift yesterday and physically walk the road she uses to make sure there was a road there under all the water overflow. Did a pass around the lake and it is up and over its banks. Afternoon pass included a run out to the recycling plant and the Mapleward Road Culverts just after the Oliver exit were under about a foot of water to the point it had overrun the road there too.

The jury is still out on whether the next storm system is going to cross our path or mostly avoid us. Stupid thing about all this is that, even with all the rain and flooding and misery, just let a few days of warm and dry occur, not even a week, and the Natural Resources bureaucraps start screaming drought and fire and otherwise go directly into Chicken Little mode.

Only unanticipated event was a last second call from one of our senior's facilities requesting a special visit and pickup. Found out from that call that the cell phone is still synched to the on board cell answering system so punch the button and say the magic word; and you get to talk to the world.

Came home and was able to immediately check my eyelids out for pinholes for an hour or so. (LOL) It has gotten so familiar that the sound of the sump pump ball valve slamming closed doesn't even wake me up; and it goes BOOM!!

Nick

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Finished out my 3rd week of 4 of road and range CDL classes today. The manual Freightliner was back this week which was great because it's much easier to drive than those trash Internationals.

I feel like I'm doing pretty well. I'm not 100% polished, but I can comfortably drive just about anywhere and perform the maneuvers without too much trouble. The window lickers are still struggling. It's painful to watch. The clutch popping, the gear grinding, the stalling....

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor