What did you do at work today?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sounds like college is different than trade school
Yup.

College is a breeding ground for indoctrination that 95% walk away from with no ability to walk through a door and immediately do their job, even requiring further training to have a job where you ask "do you want fries with that?"

Trade school teaches hands on practical skills that allow you to immediately pick up your tools and perform a useful function for pay after graduation, and arguably to an extent even before.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

alexwanson

n00b
May 14, 2022
Thought it might be cool to see what everyone does at their jobs. For those of us not affected by Corona :/

I've been working on this project for several weeks on and off. Waiting on parts and redesigning things as we ran into issues. Almost done with it. It's a chemical distribution system for photo lithography used in making semiconductors... Will be controlled by switches on separate tools when they need the chemicals and this will pump it up to them. View attachment 145474 View attachment 145475 View attachment 145476 View attachment 145477 View attachment 145478
Nice

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yup.

College is a breeding ground for indoctrination that 95% walk away from with no ability to walk through a door and immediately do their job, even requiring further training to have a job where you ask "do you want fries with that?"

Trade school teaches hands on practical skills that allow you to immediately pick up your tools and perform a useful function for pay after graduation, and arguably to an extent even before.
Well my find would of been a hands on experience for a college student.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Got the college, got the education, walked through the door.........and got told by the government agency employment officer that even with all the skills, expertise, and education that I had put together for myself, they couldn't refer me to anyone who was hiring because I wasn't a YOUTH!!!!!!!. Turns out the F****** Fed**** Gov't had put out a hiring bounty on Youth. What was a Youth?? By their definition, a "Youth" is a young adult between 19 and 29 years of age, with a minimum of an under grad degree in a College/University Major; Post grad degree preferred, AND... with 10 years of hands on full time experience as well. WTF??? sez I. Yeah, sez he and it gets worse. Turns out that if you were born with b**bs, they count as additional employable points because of some ERA memorandum that also got added into the mix that set an employment ratio that did not favor men. MEH, DOUBLE BOTHER.

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Got the college, got the education, walked through the door.........and got told by the government agency employment officer that even with all the skills, expertise, and education that I had put together for myself, they couldn't refer me to anyone who was hiring because I wasn't a YOUTH!!!!!!!. Turns out the F****** Fed**** Gov't had put out a hiring bounty on Youth. What was a Youth?? By their definition, a "Youth" is a young adult between 19 and 29 years of age, with a minimum of an under grad degree in a College/University Major; Post grad degree preferred, AND... with 10 years of hands on full time experience as well. WTF??? sez I. Yeah, sez he and it gets worse. Turns out that if you were born with b**bs, they count as additional employable points because of some ERA memorandum that also got added into the mix that set an employment ratio that did not favor men. MEH, DOUBLE BOTHER.
Yep. We are now the minority By the way, going to Nova Scotia to see family soon

Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Butt whip of a week and Saturday work really sucks. We are in the process of moving to a new warehouse, going from 5K to 12K square feet, great news but we have about 8K sq ft worth of stuff, some that was accumulated over the last 30 years. Saturday started with three trips with 26' and 18' box trucks then streak off to a job site to unload a vac system for a car wash we are building.

Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
My boss from the last shop I worked at asked if I would paint a car for him. It’s a 67 Mustang with a 68 GT500 kit. At least I think that’s what it is. I’m not a mustang guy. I’m going to paint it in 3 booth cycles as they get it ready. Not too bad a deal. They get it ready, I shoot it. Then they sand it, and I’ll polish it. Not crazy about using Chromabase and the crappy chromabase clear, but I can get it to lay down where I’m not completely embarrassed I painted it.

Attachments

• 87E821A0-381A-47D7-8C53-39D9F6F402D8.jpeg
    87E821A0-381A-47D7-8C53-39D9F6F402D8.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3E5884AA-5B45-4B45-8E57-7D90A257477A.jpeg
    3E5884AA-5B45-4B45-8E57-7D90A257477A.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 6
  • B7673378-83C5-448E-AE6E-C744FD0800E3.jpeg
    B7673378-83C5-448E-AE6E-C744FD0800E3.jpeg
    529.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 6 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I don't think I commented in here when it happened, but we blew up a boat. My job is fun.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor