What did you do at work today?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
This was yesterday, but I figure someone will enjoy it. I sure didn't.

Decided that I had had enough of the lax safety program at my current/former employer so I gave notice. On my last day, after a 250 mile drive home from a job up north I stopped to fuel up the picker....

The rear axle on the trailer peeled off pulling away from the pumps....
View attachment 199266

What a day... Adios putas.
#heresyoursign

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'd say I would of been playing with asphalt again but made it a 4 day weekend instead. Still had to do work around the house.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Woke up to a Colonel telling me to get a copy of the report and start reading. Found it through unofficial channels. Hundreds of pages.

Bonus:

Seems like every 6 months I am reconsidering service. It's going to be a long evening.

...I wish I just had to deal with safety infractions and broken axles. ;)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Took and passed my CDL test today. Took 8 weeks of school to prepare for it. Huge relief to have it over!

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Took and passed my CDL test today. Took 8 weeks of school to prepare for it. Huge relief to have it over!
Big mutha trucker time. The yellow trucks are calling you, you want to play in the snow & pass out free car cancer...:mrgreen:
Congrats, now ever two years someone has to say you're heathy enought to drive,

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Congrats, now ever two years someone has to say you're heathy enought to drive
Ain't that some sh*t though? And every time you switch employers. But I'm told City of Pittsburgh drivers don't need a medical card to work for the city.

I want to get some OTR experience first. Do yo ever operate class A trucks with the state or just dumps?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa

Ain't that some sh*t though? And every time you switch employers. But I'm told City of Pittsburgh drivers don't need a medical card to work for the city.

I want to get some OTR experience first. Do yo ever operate class A trucks with the state or just dumps?
Only class A driving I do for the state is pulling trailers that push to the class A weight, like pulling the 7 ton roller I'm certified to use. Other than that I'm doing class B driving. Funning thing with the state is you have to be certified to pull air brake trailers behind the dumps which they refere to as "Tag Trailer". Now each county maintenance has a lowboy to haul equiptment & dead trucks & certifies the operator to be a tag trailer operator. BTW, I suck backing trailers.

80malibootay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2022
So I built this car at work over the last couple months. Complete swap front to back but today I finished up the innovate wideband/ethanol gauge install as well as made some of my existing vacuum lines into plastic vacuum line with push lok fittings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Only class A driving I do for the state is pulling trailers that push to the class A weight, like pulling the 7 ton roller I'm certified to use. Other than that I'm doing class B driving. Funning thing with the state is you have to be certified to pull air brake trailers behind the dumps which they refere to as "Tag Trailer". Now each county maintenance has a lowboy to haul equiptment & dead trucks & certifies the operator to be a tag trailer operator. BTW, I suck backing trailers.

I'm good with regional work. Maybe I can be the dedicated statewide lowboy driver lol.

Yeah there were a handful of people in my class who really only needed a B license to drive tri-axle, but with the new February 7 ELDT law, you are basically forced to get your class A or find a school with a straight truck. So those guys will all have their class A even though they'll probably never need to drive a tractor trailer again.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor