What did you do at work today?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Luckily I'm basically a healthy guy. We all have some health issues, but mine are minor compared to most.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That sucks for sure. With the airbag deploying it also won't be cheap. Good luck with a rental

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Lost my apprentice today , best one I’ve had in years .
Boss disrespected him one too many times and now he works for the school board lol
He had an “in” and took it , I would have taken the job soon as I heard of it if I had been him
I told him I’m sad to see him go but told him go with my blessing and I’d give him a reference if necessary
Boss doesn’t know yet , I ain’t telling him that’s my apprentices’ story to tell
…I wonder if I can angle a raise out of this .. lol

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Tried to go to work but this happened after dropping the Jr. Mechanic off at the sitter's.
View attachment 204201
Killed the truck & set off the airbag. Now trying to find a rental that won't drain my slush fund. One less buck for deer season.
It really doesn't *look* that bad to have blown the airbags? Wonder if they decide to deploy based on speed at time of contact?
I feel your pain. I did this Friday morning....
View attachment 204202

A great way to start a vacation. I've been too sick about it to post it up. I'm about $1300 in it on parts so far. Nobody's fault but mine. That's the first accident I've caused since like 2004. At least 270,000 miles ago across three trucks. It doesn't make me feel better.
Between this and pagrunt I've got to ask.... WTF has happened to bumpers these days? I was joking the other day with the whole 'don't build em like they used to' thread, but... durability it going even worse than I thought. Even for 'disposable' vehicles.
It's going to be $100 out of pocket with the deductible so no need. Now for the rental (if I can find one) it wouldn't cover the estitmated 2 week period.
Right. You should leave the carcass for the DOT guys to pick up.....

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
It really doesn't *look* that bad to have blown the airbags? Wonder if they decide to deploy based on speed at time of contact?

Between this and pagrunt I've got to ask.... WTF has happened to bumpers these days? I was joking the other day with the whole 'don't build em like they used to' thread, but... durability it going even worse than I thought. Even for 'disposable' vehicles.

Right. You should leave the carcass for the DOT guys to pick up.....
pagrunt is the dot! Pick up his own deer!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It was a 55 road so I'd say speed caused both the airbag & seatbelt detonators to go off & it was a hefty buck.

@pagrunt is the dot! Pick up his own deer!
Not my assigned county & the state trooper dragged it off the road bare handed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It was a 55 road so I'd say speed caused both the airbag & seatbelt detonators to go off & it was a hefty buck.

Not my assigned county & the state trooper dragged it off the road bare handed.
So the trooper is making sausage on thebside in the venison trade

Nov 4, 2012
Tried to go to work but this happened after dropping the Jr. Mechanic off at the sitter's.
View attachment 204201
Killed the truck & set off the airbag. Now trying to find a rental that won't drain my slush fund. One less buck for deer season.

Dang. One of my truck driving buddies just smacked one with a Freightliner last week. His second one this year.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Dang. One of my truck driving buddies just smacked one with a Freightliner last week. His second one this year.
They are begging for it at this point, I had one jump out over the weekend and he just froze in the road looking at me like we were playing chicken.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor