What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
That synopsis sounds and feels about right. My personal vaccine shot count is 4. Come the fall when the next booster becomes available, i will get that and be at 5. Right now the local big hoopla is about a couple of illegal stepchildren of the Omicron version known respectively as BA 2, BA 2.75, and BA 5. Supposedly, according to the latest press release of medical bureau-babble 5 has already peaked and the case count is dropping again, just in time for fall return to school and the perennial rounds of germ sharing that the kids perpetually engage in.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Seems like the big trucks takes the hit way better than a pick up.
One of our local regional truck/transport delivery services regularly fits the front of their tractors with full bush bars the height and width of the hood. Deer? Uh-un; MOOSE. Hit one of them and it isn't cosmetic repair; it is a whole new truck, or a glider kit installed on the bare chassis.

Moose kind of fall in the same category as Elephants. Hit either one and there is a good chance it will walk away; you, not so much.

Nick

Nov 4, 2012
They are begging for it at this point, I had one jump out over the weekend and he just froze in the road looking at me like we were playing chicken.
I hate when they jump out and run back, then hesitate and jump back into the road.
Seems like the big trucks takes the hit way better than a pick up.
Both of his were tow-aways. The first one wasn't much visible damage but severed air lines and blew a tire, broke the front bumper and headlight. I haven't seen pictures of the second one.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
picked up our new \ used 09 truck n bucket yesterday. Today was my first day working it. California truck. 320 on the clock but man is it clean. I mean for a 13 year old truck I can see a little brown on the PS door seam but that is it. Looks like it was undercoated a couple times already in its life. 10k on a rebuilt motor and driven by and older gentleman since coming to Canada 2 years ago. I think it may have been getting too hard for him to ladder up the back to the bucket. TT40 telelift. We told him we would take good care of it. Can't help but think of a 1979 Chevette every time I see those tail lights.

Attachments

• 20220808_163533[1].jpg
    20220808_163533[1].jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220808_093146[1].jpg
    20220808_093146[1].jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220808_093130[1].jpg
    20220808_093130[1].jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
They are begging for it at this point, I had one jump out over the weekend and he just froze in the road looking at me like we were playing chicken.
I think there's a correlation there with the decline in outdoor sportsmen culling the herds each fall.

The modern crop of wussies doesn't appear much more inclined than the damn millenials were. Complaining how it's so inhumane....

Well, we can wait and see how they feel when the winter starvation combines with the increased road hits. Besides, with thebcost of food these days you'd think wild game would see an upswing.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I think there's a correlation there with the decline in outdoor sportsmen culling the herds each fall.

The modern crop of wussies doesn't appear much more inclined than the damn millenials were. Complaining how it's so inhumane....

Well, we can wait and see how they feel when the winter starvation combines with the increased road hits. Besides, with thebcost of food these days you'd think wild game would see an upswing.
I don't understand why there are still bag limits on them. Its a known fact they are overpopulated. Let the people who want them take them until they get them under control.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I don't understand why there are still bag limits on them. Its a known fact they are overpopulated. Let the people who want them take them until they get them under control.

It's a lifestyle choice that is getting handed down less and less. They can't get all the existing tags filled as it is. Hunters are a dying breed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
In georgia bag limit is 12 per season, of which 10 can be does.

Back when I was in New England, it was opposite. You got 2, and, needed a special doe tag.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor