What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hey, CK80, from your post I take you were just moving from A to B in your house and all of a sudden your world view went from vertical to horizontal? The wall can be fixed but how are You? No concussion to add insult to injury? Did the fall do any additional damage to the ankle and/or foot?? JUst me here, wondering.

Right now the arthritis, if that is what it is, has landed in my left shoulder and I can't do anything with it because the affected muscle is right under the pacemaker and the doctor who put it in was most emphatic that dire things would befall me if the unit malfunctioned and had to be removed. Seem to recall that he started with Death and things went from bad to worse from there.

Anyway , Hoss, y'all take care of yourself, heah? I do not want to see a write up on you in the funny papers.

CopperNick sends

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hey, CK80, from your post I take you were just moving from A to B in your house and all of a sudden your world view went from vertical to horizontal?
Pretty much.
The wall can be fixed but how are You? No concussion to add insult to injury?
Been told more than once im hard-headed. Not to make too light of the situation, but, i have had one of those before in the bad way with the vomiting, etc, so while i didnt have a way of checking my own pupils (missus' reaction was 'mmm, that's nice' and rolled back over asleep when I tried to get her awakened and told her) I can at least say it wasn't anything too serious.
Did the fall do any additional damage to the ankle and/or foot?? JUst me here, wondering.
Not sure. Things haven't been removing as I'd have hoped for by thins point. The PT people are somewhat non-responsive in that they address what the script talks about - broken fibula - but won't speculate about issues in the foot. They acknowledge seeing the enlarged structures, and the swelling, and seeing the photos i take over time to document the injuries... and yet, they won't opine on 'should we hold off on xyz until my next visit with the ortho doc?'
Right now the arthritis, if that is what it is, has landed in my left shoulder and I can't do anything with it because the affected muscle is right under the pacemaker and the doctor who put it in was most emphatic that dire things would befall me if the unit malfunctioned and had to be removed. Seem to recall that he started with Death and things went from bad to worse from there.
Sorry to hear that. Is a trigger point injection an option to get any measure of relief? I know, injections are a bad road to get into for a lot of reasons, but, sometimes a bad choice is better than no choice at all.
Anyway , Hoss, y'all take care of yourself, heah? I do not want to see a write up on you in the funny papers.

CopperNick sends
You and I may be two of the only readers out there. The new house they started sending us an unsolicited free trial of the county newspaper. It's not big, maybe the equivalent of one 'section' of a normal paper.... but, looked into it, and, $29 a year. I'm expecting to subscribe when I get around to it, I'd rather deal with reading that and shaking the pages straight, getting black fingers, than reading on the phone/computer...

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not sure what exactly you mean when you call it a "trigger point injection", but I have had cortisone shots in the past including one to the base of my right thumb that had the Doctor sweating due to the huge possibility of a miss on the target, but He nailed it, along with an elbow and another area of interest. Unfortunately he retired and the replacement had a total negative attitude towards them for some reason so have not been able to get them for my last two doctors. Not sure but somehow the use of corto-steroids got a bad rep and the medicos about fell all over themselves to climb on the "we don't do that" band wagon. Probably involved using them for sports injuries and spanking the needle too often. Can't even get a cortisone cream of any kind without a script. Aspercreme does make a version of their cream in a roll on that has lidocaine in the formula and it does work but I have to run the border to get it as our FDA is in total turtle mode about approving new meds that work. You know the drill, "Rooba, rooba, rooba, new med, no history, badly needed, more studies, more studies, defer, delay, mumble mumble................"

I'd consign the lot of 'em to the A**H*l* category except that would be a total insult to a hard working part of the human body. MEH.

Nick

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Thursday was like 1000 degrees here and I scheduled to spray an 87 GN at my old job. Clear that he had was too quick so it laid out like crap, so I wasn’t going to post it. It’ll get sanded flat and polished like glass anyway.
I went back yesterday and did all the rest of the parts. It was cooler, and they came out better. Unfortunately no pics.
I did take a pic of a cool 55 gasser that I have to paint hot rod black, and the 65 442 I did last year.

Attachments

• D6EA3F4B-9734-4DE4-B7C3-AC97CC8A75D0.jpeg
    D6EA3F4B-9734-4DE4-B7C3-AC97CC8A75D0.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 4C7A7C56-E20C-4A41-B426-F3C8B8E0DBAE.jpeg
    4C7A7C56-E20C-4A41-B426-F3C8B8E0DBAE.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DF996A83-11E0-4008-95CB-32CA5DF1FCF2.jpeg
    DF996A83-11E0-4008-95CB-32CA5DF1FCF2.jpeg
    962.8 KB · Views: 4
  • B40BE294-DCEE-4F31-B5A1-D0C610B42E5D.jpeg
    B40BE294-DCEE-4F31-B5A1-D0C610B42E5D.jpeg
    739.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 7 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Well, apart from the unexpected necessity of having to walk to the Transit Yard, only about 2-3 miles and about a half an hour of shoe time, the rest of the day went well. Was thinking either of walking home or calling a cab but the Supervisor called it an early day and I got a lift from the Storekeeper for the Transit stores; he used to drive and took a side promotion over to the Bus Boys.

The rest of the day and all of this morning so far are posted elsewhere.

Oh, yeah, the shoulder seems to have gone back to sleep meaning my knees will likely be the next complainees. Good that I could walk the walk but even at an easy stroll, my days of doing walks for fun are nigh over.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Caught Covid along with several of my coworkers. They were all out starting Thrusday. I made it thru thay day, but called in yesterday. Sitting on the couch currently unable to talk. My throat hurts so bad. Rest of it has pretty much subsided already.

20220804_200654.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
nothing yet, doing the limo driver sidegig tonight. all I know is it's not the bachelorette party like a couple weeks ago

Caught Covid along with several of my coworkers. They were all out starting Thrusday. I made it thru thay day, but called in yesterday. Sitting on the couch currently unable to talk. My throat hurts so bad. Rest of it has pretty much subsided already.
that Covid stuff ain't no joke. was talking to a co-worker middle of last week, all good. 8 days later he's dead from covid. big guy, I'm sure he had some other underlying issues, but still....

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
nothing yet, doing the limo driver sidegig tonight. all I know is it's not the bachelorette party like a couple weeks ago

that Covid stuff ain't no joke. was talking to a co-worker middle of last week, all good. 8 days later he's dead from covid. big guy, I'm sure he had some other underlying issues, but still....
It's my third time. Same sh*t different day....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
First I can't prove, as it was before anyone had even heard of covid. I was sent to Australia for work for a month. Had a layover in Hong Kong there and back. October '19, and November '19, kicked my *ss for a month when I got home. Doctor kept saying it's just jet lag, people take different amount of time to adjust. Bullsh.... then Christmas of '20, and now...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor