What did you do at work today?

Sorry to hear about your neck.
I’m the same way at work. The stuff I just finished on Wednesday isn’t due to the next guy for 92 hours.

Nick; try a half tea spoon of No-Salt in large glass of water (12 to 16oz) with one teaspoon of regular table salt and Sip it over fifteen minutes. If that works but not quite, go to 1 teaspoon in glass of water. Don't go any more than one teaspoon. You can do that 4 times in an hour with no adverse affects.

No-Salt is. Potassium Chloride. Cramps and "Charlie Horse" is usually caused by low potassium, and causes muscles to cramp. As a former Medic with Army Infantry, several years working with Rangers, I mix 1 teaspoon No-Salt and 2 Teaspoons Table Salt (Sodium Chloride) in one canteen (1 quart) water, sip it over 15 minutes. I use that for heat injury, heat exhaustion, works every time.

Reactions: 3 users
Huh!! Did Not Know that so learned something new. For myself I went directly to Arthritis defense mode and got the right side to funtion after about 48 hours, The left side always takes longer because it is the side that is exposed most when dealing with cold airand high cold humidity. Finally dug out a couple of my old neck sleeves and put one of them on. Total covering and protection for the muscles against cold induced inflammation. Took about a week that way but everything seems to be back to about normal; that being life in my lane.

As for the Potassium Chloride, I take potassium as part of my daily vitamin intake so thinking some caution on the total consumption there might be indicated. The salt, by itself, is likely to be a health store item around here. Think my local drug store has the stuff but they have been having problems with restocking due to supply and shipping issues.

I do appreciated the heads up though.

Nick sends

Reactions: 1 user
After getting approval to pour concrete and buttoning up our 12’ high forms, engineering suddenly called in a panic
Engineering : “ we want a different water stop”
Us : “sure no problem … nothing to it… FFS !!!”
IMG_1149.jpeg So the quickest fix seemed to me was cut the bottom of the forms off and change out the waterstop for a visually identical product🙄
This type of w/s is applied as a rolled strip that is placed along the keyway on the footing or raft slab in a bed of sealant caulk
That rebar is on 8” centres , I had to put the tube in the gun inside the rebar cage and pass the gun along hand to hand 8” at a time luckily it was on 60’ of wall
Carpentry is fun and rewarding ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
After getting approval to pour concrete and buttoning up our 12’ high forms, engineering suddenly called in a panic
Engineering : “ we want a different water stop”
Us : “sure no problem … nothing to it… FFS !!!”
View attachment 232144So the quickest fix seemed to me was cut the bottom of the forms off and change out the waterstop for a visually identical product🙄
This type of w/s is applied as a rolled strip that is placed along the keyway on the footing or raft slab in a bed of sealant caulk
That rebar is on 8” centres , I had to put the tube in the gun inside the rebar cage and pass the gun along hand to hand 8” at a time luckily it was on 60’ of wall
Carpentry is fun and rewarding ;-)

Time to show my ignorance. What's a water stop?

• Agree
Nick; try a half tea spoon of No-Salt in large glass of water (12 to 16oz) with one teaspoon of regular table salt and Sip it over fifteen minutes. If that works but not quite, go to 1 teaspoon in glass of water. Don't go any more than one teaspoon. You can do that 4 times in an hour with no adverse affects.

No-Salt is. Potassium Chloride. Cramps and "Charlie Horse" is usually caused by low potassium, and causes muscles to cramp. As a former Medic with Army Infantry, several years working with Rangers, I mix 1 teaspoon No-Salt and 2 Teaspoons Table Salt (Sodium Chloride) in one canteen (1 quart) water, sip it over 15 minutes. I use that for heat injury, heat exhaustion, works every time.

Huh!! Did Not Know that so learned something new. For myself I went directly to Arthritis defense mode and got the right side to funtion after about 48 hours, The left side always takes longer because it is the side that is exposed most when dealing with cold airand high cold humidity. Finally dug out a couple of my old neck sleeves and put one of them on. Total covering and protection for the muscles against cold induced inflammation. Took about a week that way but everything seems to be back to about normal; that being life in my lane.

As for the Potassium Chloride, I take potassium as part of my daily vitamin intake so thinking some caution on the total consumption there might be indicated. The salt, by itself, is likely to be a health store item around here. Think my local drug store has the stuff but they have been having problems with restocking due to supply and shipping issues.

I do appreciated the heads up though.

Nick sends

sounds to me like a water barrier, caulking gun type. I'm just curious how he's doing it in the wall

• Agree
Reading it again I agree. Though I don’t have a background in it. Sounded like a last minute pain in the backside.
and I hope he charged the customer extra for a last minute Material Change Order!

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor