What did you do at work today?

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Your helper sounds like pretty much all of the guys we get.
Today we finished a car that belongs to a helper that I used to work with. Him and my boss made some deal since we were slow. Car came out pretty nice, even though it’s not my style. Much better than it would have if the kid continued to work on it himself.
We didn’t do the quarter panels or rear bumper.
View attachment 145945 View attachment 145946
I’ve always wanted to drive a S2000, although I’m fairly certain it’d be a very tight fit for me.
Kinda bold going with red, cops already hate these things since they sound like a hive of angry bees. Or angry flatulence.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Today I'm reviewing and approving tool designs for one of our German OEM's. About 5 million dollars worth of tooling. This is a section view showing the stationary half of a glove box outer tool. It's over engineered and complex. Remember, never own a German car without a warranty. My head hurts.

Section 1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I’ve always wanted to drive a S2000, although I’m fairly certain it’d be a very tight fit for me.
Kinda bold going with red, cops already hate these things since they sound like a hive of angry bees. Or angry flatulence.
I rode in it once, really small inside. The kid that owns it is over 6’ tall.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Today I'm reviewing and approving tool designs for one of our German OEM's. About 5 million dollars worth of tooling. This is a section view showing the stationary half of a glove box outer tool. It's over engineered and complex. Remember, never own a German car without a warranty. My head hurts.

View attachment 145960
Holy CAD file, Batman....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

LOS HINES

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2020
Thought it might be cool to see what everyone does at their jobs. For those of us not affected by Corona :/

I've been working on this project for several weeks on and off. Waiting on parts and redesigning things as we ran into issues. Almost done with it. It's a chemical distribution system for photo lithography used in making semiconductors... Will be controlled by switches on separate tools when they need the chemicals and this will pump it up to them. View attachment 145474 View attachment 145475 View attachment 145476 View attachment 145477 View attachment 145478
Wow. Can you fix the ice cream machine at Mc Donalds?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

View attachment 145960

my son gets rid of his BMW a month before the warranty expires....

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor