Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
cut my exhaust gettin ready for flows and turn down

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Had my body shop guy cut out the GN Scoop of a 87 GN hood and he welded it onto my stock 78 malibu hood and repainted it.. Picking my bu on monday :shock:

75F5E311-30B7-4E33-99B8-6A98A0B5AF93-5660-000004E35FD80A3F.jpg

That looks slick, I like it. Even the body line flows well, very cool addition.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Oldsmoletick said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Had my body shop guy cut out the GN Scoop of a 87 GN hood and he welded it onto my stock 78 malibu hood and repainted it.. Picking my bu on monday :shock:

75F5E311-30B7-4E33-99B8-6A98A0B5AF93-5660-000004E35FD80A3F.jpg

That looks slick, I like it. Even the body line flows well, very cool addition.

Thanks bro :)

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Ya know,I just realized neither of my Olds' will ever be finished...never to the point I am satisfied..never the show car..never like new...6 years already wasted on the 87...just about done with it all. $7000 sunk into the 87, and that's just the motor and trans...then there is body, paint and interior.....will just never be where I want...I don't even want to think about starting on the 85. Just don't know what I am going to do...

I guess I'll just vent and kick it around. I guess everyone gets in this mindset sometime...

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
papabearxl said:
Ya know,I just realized neither of my Olds' will ever be finished...never to the point I am satisfied..never the show car..never like new...6 years already wasted on the 87...just about done with it all. $7000 sunk into the 87, and that's just the motor and trans...then there is body, paint and interior.....will just never be where I want...I don't even want to think about starting on the 85. Just don't know what I am going to do...

I guess I'll just vent and kick it around. I guess everyone gets in this mindset sometime...

Going on over 10+ years on my POS GP.... I have about the same invested in mine and it still there is no light at the end of the tunnel... :shock: Sometimes i wish i would've just picked a newer ride ie: 98+ F body,newer GTO, Jeep SRT8 etc etc and be done with it... But again my cheap *ss thinks about the monthly payments :| .... and i haven't pulled the trigger... I have started in thinking in small steps and breaking it down into sections and hopefully i can get it "running and driving" by Summer 2013 :roll: Paint and interior will come later... Just keep plugging away i feel you and know "life" comes first but you gotta have a something to keep your drive going towards building your rides!! I religioulsy get on Gbody Forum daily to get inspiration, thought i admit it sometimes it isn't much but it keeps the flame alive...

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
papabearxl said:

Yup, been there a few times with my malibu, and there again with it now, more time and money tied up in a worthless POS than I care to admit. However, in the end, as long as it will never be done, I'll never be bored because I'll always have something to do. That's how I look at it anyway :lol: , gotta keep busy.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Oldsmoletick said:
papabearxl said:

Yup, been there a few times with my malibu, and there again with it now, more time and money tied up in a worthless POS than I care to admit. However, in the end, as long as it will never be done, I'll never be bored because I'll always have something to do. That's how I look at it anyway :lol: , gotta keep busy.
Thanks 85GPLef41 and Oldsmoletick...just really knowing it will never live up to my wants, and what I can do because of money and time....A real honest dose of reality that they will never be what I want them to turn out to be....short of getting one of them on Overhaulin'.... :D
May just put them up for sale.....I will never get out of the 87 what I have invested, so it's a lose-lose situation. I love em, but they won't ever be done to my satisfaction.

nowukno

Greasemonkey
Sep 24, 2009
So. Cal
Here it is,I installed and painted the rear disc brake kit from ABS power brakes on my wagon.Brakes feel good and it was completely bolt on using stock M/C and prop valves... brakes feel great stops on a dime.. also painted my front calipers..
004_zpsf346e92a.jpg

003_zps37a3c347.jpg

002_zps39266174.jpg

001_zps92c5ec17.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
nowukno said:
Here it is,I installed and painted the rear disc brake kit from ABS power brakes on my wagon.Brakes feel good and it was completely bolt on using stock M/C and prop valves... brakes feel great stops on a dime.. also painted my front calipers..
004_zpsf346e92a.jpg

003_zps37a3c347.jpg

002_zps39266174.jpg

001_zps92c5ec17.jpg

Nice BUT is that a Ford logo?? just messing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor