Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
pontiacgp said:
papabearxl said:
2) Plug the ports on the transmission and radiator, and when I am ready to break the motor in, run it like it should be, then go ahead and change the break in oil, drop the filter and header. Then install the transmission lines. Car will not be moved while engine is broke in. Any foreseeable problems in doing this?

I don't think you can plug the ports, I'd run a loop so the fluid would flow

MIght as well plan to just drain it, and take the header off.....@#$%^!it!

Hope someone reads this and doesn't make the same mistake I did....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How about disconnecting the torque converter and moving it back to break the engine in. If you lift that side of the engine a little do you think you could slide the lines in?

oh, back on the subject of this thread....I think I figured out the buzzing in my speakers that happens only when the car is started, I think my msd box is causing it.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
pontiacgp said:
How about disconnecting the torque converter and moving it back to break the engine in. If you lift that side of the engine a little do you think you could slide the lines in?

oh, back on the subject of this thread....I think I figured out the buzzing in my speakers that happens only when the car is started, I think my msd box is causing it.
It may be worth it to try and lift that side up...I will have to ponder...lol...thanks for the suggestions pontiacgp.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
got my plexiglass engraved and its soooo kickass
2012-10-15135607.jpg

2012-10-15162534.jpg

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
pontiacgp said:

That's about right, sounds similar to what am feedback sounds like when you lack a suppressor, lol. Annoying at first, but you get used to it :mrgreen: .

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I jacked the rearend up and sprayed the rest of the Monte today,used 9 cans of spray stuff altogether.Cleaned the inside and washed it,now its ready to go for winter storage this week.
Guy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Oldsmoletick said:
pontiacgp said:

That's about right, sounds similar to what am feedback sounds like when you lack a suppressor, lol. Annoying at first, but you get used to it :mrgreen: .

it's not on am if that's what you meant, I don't have an antenna, I have XM and it doesn't get louder or change with the revs, you only hear it when you have the volume off or nearly off. My friend who owns a stereo shop mentioned the msd box caused the same problem with a customer's car...

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I was just using that in a descriptive manner, I know the sound you speak of, mine did it too, ditched the box, the sound was gone, lol.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
at night after wiring it all and getting it sealed back up and the whole box put back together. the last thing now is to cover it all
2012-10-15211121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor