What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
axisg said:
Been a rough week so I figured I could use some Monte Therapy to clear the soul by driving it to work today. Scraped the frost off the Monte, Workvan & Wifeys car then moved the 2 cars in the driveway on to the street so I could get to the Monte. Jumped in to start it and the battery is almost dead. Just enough juice for the interior lights to come on then a click when you try to start it ! Was in no mood to give it a boost so I left it there. Guess I will have to put the battery tender back on it !
Happy Freaking Friday :evil:
gotta love that :rofl:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
My ceramic coated headers came in the other day....so today, with the help of a buddy, we pulled off the starter, the oil filter and the oil filter housing....removed the fuel vapor and return lines that I didnt need anyway....pulled off the old stock manifolds....

so the right side went up into the bay nice...but all of the holes didnt line up.... :evil: and.... one tube is laying on the crossmember..... :evil:
So, put the drivers side on, discovered that the oil dipstick was basically broken..... I guess that happened when I pulled off the manifold and the gasket caught it and bent it, so when I bent it back up, it just broke clean off..... :roll:

So....now Im on the fence about what to do next. Im seriously considering my original plan for stock manifolds from Thorntons.....or, just banging the tube in for clearance...and drilling out the holes. Really wanted to hear that motor running with the headers....but I maybe this is a sign to stick with stock.... :oops:

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Installed the rest of my manual setup and super t10 in my 84 cutlass.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor