Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
20121212185049.jpg

20121212191550.jpg

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
the other morning it was 13 degrees out. went to start the 81 and popped the front nose cone off the brand new starter i just put on.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
tc1959 said:
OCS said:
Installed a hydro boost from an astro van
photobucket-36350-1355368046972.jpg
Thats kinda cool , Is it working OK ?
Not sure yet. I have a ways to go before the car is road worthy.
It should work fine though. Car Craft did an article about it a couple years back

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I love my Hydro Boost. came on my Regal from factory. One of the most reliable and best feeling brake systems I've had.

Had a few issues with the engine tossing V-belts at high Rpm which was a headache due to loss of power steering pump so manual steering and brakes... Once I put the serpentine system on my engine, I have had no issues and the brakes are always strong. No worry about vacuum or an electric pump.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
pontiacgp said:
you should bring a camera with you and start a thread so you can keep us posted

I intend to stop by regularly and check in and take pictures. The shop I've got it in encourages customers to check in and take pictures to record the process. I've got a really good feeling about this place. I will definetely start a thread once the work starts, they told me they'd have a better estimate for me by mid next week after they get a chance to do a thorough look over and price out the work needed.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I considered driving it, actually for the last several days, but I just don't have time to take it out and put it away. Oh well, soon! (Maybe tomorrow, since I don't have work til 3!)

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Been a rough week so I figured I could use some Monte Therapy to clear the soul by driving it to work today. Scraped the frost off the Monte, Workvan & Wifeys car then moved the 2 cars in the driveway on to the street so I could get to the Monte. Jumped in to start it and the battery is almost dead. Just enough juice for the interior lights to come on then a click when you try to start it ! Was in no mood to give it a boost so I left it there. Guess I will have to put the battery tender back on it !
Happy Freaking Friday :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor