Status
Not open for further replies.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
tc1959 said:
028.jpg
looks like a professional magazine shot! Looking good 8)

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
tc1959, nice El Camino! :)

Installed the freshly dyed Impala console today. Still need to supply power the the 3 power outlets, I'm thinking about tapping into the power seat wiring instead of fishing under the dash for 12v. The GTO seats could be back from upholstery as soon as tomorrow. The seats will have black trim pieces and I'll think about leaving the console lid black seeing it put together.
DSC_0149_zps38d5de20.jpg

Tater84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2013
I brought my cutlass home from paint no opera windows and it was -25 degrees Celsius. It was a cold ride home
:blam:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Ordered more parts :twisted:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Clutch_Grabwell said:

Installed the freshly dyed Impala console today. Still need to supply power the the 3 power outlets, I'm thinking about tapping into the power seat wiring instead of fishing under the dash for 12v. The GTO seats could be back from upholstery as soon as tomorrow. The seats will have black trim pieces and I'll think about leaving the console lid black seeing it put together.
DSC_0149_zps38d5de20.jpg
Thanks I really like your Monte Carlo.

Nov 4, 2012
Clutch_Grabwell said:

I would definately leave the console lid black, especially if you're gonna have black trim on the seats. It also matches the steering wheel and column and dash trim. Your monte has an awesome interior, btw. I love the stock-looking door speakers and the console and shifter. Keep us updated on this, I'm really interested to see how it comes out.

iam2fast4u86

Greasemonkey
Jan 8, 2009
SE Ohio
Tiggertrucks said:
iam2fast4u86 said:
Just discovered this sweet thread. Today I test fitted a 2nd gen fbody console in my 79 Monte then gave it a good exterior wash.
What did that console come out of? i need one for my el co :notworthy:
1977 Trans Am but I bet you could pull one from any 70-81 camaro or firebird. You can usually find them used for around $100 on transamcountry. Thats a trans am forum I belong too.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
iam2fast4u86 said:
Tiggertrucks said:
iam2fast4u86 said:
Just discovered this sweet thread. Today I test fitted a 2nd gen fbody console in my 79 Monte then gave it a good exterior wash.
What did that console come out of? i need one for my el co :notworthy:
1977 Trans Am but I bet you could pull one from any 70-81 camaro or firebird. You can usually find them used for around $100 on transamcountry. Thats a trans am forum I belong too.

I have a 91' FireBird with pretty much the same identical counsel. So you might score also if you find a 3rd Gen or try this Forum

http://www.thirdgen.org/

<Mike>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor