What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
when junkyarding today for the dash wiring for my power window conversion.... first of all, may we have a moment for a fallen G?

was in fair condition, but had a cobbled sbc install, and alot of spliced/burnt wiring, but luckily the wiring I needed was in tact, along with a few trim pieces I've been needing. was the only G at the yard today...

but was suprised to see this:

wasn't much I could do for it, but I DID relieve it of it's rims! :twisted:

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I started to do the final fabrication on my custom center console in metal..

Attachments

• Console.JPG
    Console.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 542

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
Finally got everything back together on my 86. Working on polishing it before taking it out to a few shows

DSCN3021_zps64103578.jpg

DSCN3018_zps718b3d02.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
lepewwagon said:
For my 81 malibu wagon
I love the vents...nice work!
What else are you doing to the wagon? If I'm not mistaken, you had the car stripped down doing body work, narrowing and tucking your bumpers, etc.
I hope I'm talking about the same car/ person.
Thanks for posting the pics.

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
Just finished the Jeep steering shaft upgrade :D , washed the ol girl :D , vacuumed the interior and trunk :D , and found my quarters are rusted through on both sides at the back of the wheel well behind those damn chrome trim pieces that run the bottom the the car :wtf: :( .... Now I gotta take all those chrome pieces off and weld in new pieces of metal :(

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Got my interior back together - all seats are in! ALl that is left to do interior-wise is the stereo. Found a lot of rust where the t=tops sit, so I have a lot more work to do than I thought.

daveybtv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2011
Buffalo NY
Finished the new floor in the garage then got it up on stands, pulled all the breaks and suspention on the pasanger side, any one looking for some Hotchkis upper arms and tall spindles, breaks are 11 inch from a second gen Camaro?

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
I had to pull all the electric door lock and power window switches apart, to wirebrush down the contacts and clean all the green sludge out (from copper oxidizing or whatever) and apply some dielectric grease. Also had to bend a couple of contacts, and they wore out that much. Feels good to have all the switches working again.
If the weather is nice tomorrow, I'll put in my new steering column :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor