What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my engine back in and running :mrgreen: Some clean up in the engine compartment with wiring but shes finally running again

Attachments

• Monte Carlo build6.jpg
    Monte Carlo build6.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 736
I know what I didn't do! forgot to put my driver side window up and it poured 15-20min. bout 1in water back seat, its bad enough I need some new window sweeps. i'll be vacuuming in the morning

Started making my "custom" door levers and turn signal lever and column shifter. The handles are out of stainless steel, the T/S lever is from Monel (steel/nickel alloy) and the shifter is from stainless steel. However, when removing the T/S lever I thought it was threaded in like every other lever I've pulled but it had a jetway and I shredded the housing. Guess ill be making that out of delrin or nylatron when I can!! Will post pics soon

I bought a new Griffen radiator for my Monte, my old one I had custom made by Griffen back before there was one made for a gbody with 2 X 1.25" tubes and they
used epoxy and cast water neck then.
The new one has a machined water neck and a threaded overfow fitting and there is no epoxy in the construction.
I will use my old one in another future Gbody project that I am accumulating parts for.
The funny thing is since the new is a stock part number it cost half of what I paid for my custom one.
So I decided to polish it like I do with all my aluminum parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 643
Who did you buy from? Would you mind sharing the part number? I'll be radiator shopping shortly and would like to compare.
Nice job on the polish, btw :thumbup:

565bbchevy said:
The funny thing is since the new is a stock part number it cost half of what I paid for my custom one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Got The New Suspension In Today Thanks To My Dad I Hurt Myself In The Beginning of the project due to a spring compressor failing so my dad had to finish but, got Heavy Duty 350 diesel springs Monroe, Gas Matic Heavy duty Shocks And Moog Heavy Duty End links And Put New Brake Pads Got New Rotors as well On Both Sides. Rides So Much Better And Its so nice having brakes again Ive Gone From Front Spoiler Sitting 3 inches off the ground to a little over a foot now. Took A Total Of 13 hours total for it to get complete.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 590
took my elky on a 50 mile road trip friday after work,,was running it fairly hard,,,,bout 85/90 on the freeway,,,ran a lil warm,,,bout 215/220 ,,i have a good alum, radiator and dual electric fans,,so today i pulled out the 195 thermostat,,and swapped in a gutted thermostat,,recently swapped out sway bar end links and put on new brake pads,,next up,,,gonna swap out a arms and add a set of v 6 springs and some decent shocks,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor