What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car show with Tobyp
E47C8629-4228-4A74-85A2-991192F7DCA8-1426-0000016193CDDD12_zpsca2552fb.jpg

Wow - I finally got a lot of work done this weekend! Finished the new face plate for the double-din stereo and wired in the switch panel. I added three switches to control the LED lights for the interior, trunk, and outside of the car. The little silver switch in the bottom right is a ground for the video operation on the new head unit. It simulates the parking break ground. Then I finally found time to build the speaker box for the trunk. Got it all done and cut out, mounted the speakers, carpeted it, and made a custom light up 442 logo using 3" letters from Home Depot and an old Oldsmobile logo I found in the trunk of the car.

My amp should arrive tomorrow and I'll get that wired in and mount the box and stereo - hope to have it all done before this Wednesday (car cruise at Calloways in West Creek NJ).

Attachments

• f4.JPG
    f4.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 811
  • f3.JPG
    f3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 819
  • e3.JPG
    e3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 813
  • e5.JPG
    e5.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 815
  • e7.JPG
    e7.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 806
Had it ready to go to the local Sunday cruise and it started to rain 🙁

Did not really do anything to the car over the weekend. But I loaded an El Camino for scrap for a friend of mine. So rusted out that the rear end came out during loading. Looking at it, I decided to keep it for use in a Regal Build that hopefully will be starting in the next year. It is a 12 bolt. Needs rebuilt, but good starter.

Well today I finally got my mega shifter installed, looks good, now I just have to hook up all the electrical up

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 717
Didnt get a chance to work on the gbody because I spent all day driving down to tobyp's place to pick up my 8.5....now I just gotta wait til winter to tear into it again 😀

this weekend i replaced the sway bar end links,,on 1 side 1 bushing completely gone,,the other side not much better,,,next up is pulling the a arms off my donor car,,gonna get new bushings pressed in and all cleaned up,,so i can just pull my old ones and swap in the fresh ones,,gonna add some v-6 springs up front also,,

Just dropped the 84 Hurst Olds off at the transmission shop it started leaking and making a funny noise just told the guy to fix it next is the steering issue also got the A/C fixed last week blows out cold air only cost 180.00 well worth it should have gotten it fixed before I went on the power tour. My father was ready to kill me when I told him the cost of fixing the A/C lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor