What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the motor an started cleaning the bay. Waiting on my Por-15 now.
emysuzas.jpg

Did some painting on the frame where the engine sits and painted a few engine brackets. Getting ready to drop the engine in this weekend!! Cannot wait to have my car back lol

fished up my dash. it was dark blue now its black.ordered my new gauge set,sent the template for gauge cluster out to have it made.to local fab shop.big thanks to the guys on here for the dying process.

Finished installing the new double-din head unit and mounted the box in the trunk along with the Blue LED lights. AMP to get wired this weekend.

Attachments

• g7.JPG
    g7.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 926
  • g3.JPG
    g3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 924
Picked up control arms from powder coater; today, continuing the chassis coating project.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377271504467.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377271504467.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 833
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377271560855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377271560855.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 839
Took it for a drive to get a great smoked meat sandwich from a little restaurant and wondered why the H I didn't cut an access door to the fuel sender when I had the body off the frame......my new auto meter fuel gauge is playing games with me just like the old one did and now I'll have to drop the tank to fix the problem... :blam:

Finally finished the stereo install. Put the trim around the head unit, wired in the amp, and tied up all the wires. It actually sounds really good. I also replaced the side marker lights with the good set I acquired from tobyp and changed any bulbs that were no longer working all around. Topped all off with an oil change and the car is ready for Labor day weekend. I'm done with projects for now - the next two (paint and motor) will need to wait until I find a new job. After 3 weeks of waiting for an answer from my boss if I would get the promised raise or not, I was told no. He gave raises to 2 other people, both of which don't do their jobs, (1 failed to show up for work twice this week) and went out and bought himself a new Escalade and a new Mercedes. His reason for saying no - I cost him money but don't make him money. Keep in mind I am a controller/bookkeeper/manager. I am overhead. I SAVE him money, protect his business, and make sure he is compliant. I have SAVED him more than double my salary. SO bottom line, no raise ever until I can make him money. Time to move on.

Sorry for the rant... Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor