What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a rain out today so no work. I picked up some braided vacuum lines and did some under hood cleaning then drove it on some errands.

Had a nice day - made it to two shows. First up was the Stafford DARE Show at McKinley Plaza in Manahawkin. Nice time, free food, and a karate demonstration from the local Kum Sung martial arts. After an hour layover we headed up to the Vintage Auto Museum car show in Toms River. Nice night - great food, great music, and the 442 brought home a trophy to boot. Tomorrow our car club has its regular business meeting over breakfast and then a cruise for lunch. Weather looks perfect!

Attachments

• mk1.jpg
    mk1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
  • km1.jpg
    km1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 428
  • km2.jpg
    km2.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 419
Doubleflaring, bending, routing.

3/16th tube has to be the hardest to doubleflare... 1/4th is better.

Adjustable proportioning valve located right under the master cylinder. Using the old MC to setup the tubes.

Attachments

• 20140623_171115.jpg
    20140623_171115.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 706
The parts I ordered off EBay came in the mail today - a chrome brake reservoir cover and an Oldsmobile rocket logo decal. I wanted a little more custom look than just a chrome cover, so I stuck the logo decal on the cover. Looks nice. It also came with an "Oldsmobile" brand decal which I put under the hood on the top side by the release latch. Didn't come out too bad, and it cost me under $17 for both and the quality and fit is good.

Attachments

• rl1.jpg
    rl1.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 685
  • rl2.jpg
    rl2.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 699
I dropped my gp off at the upholstery shop to get the vinyl top and headliner done. The guy has all the chrome trim off and the quarter windows ready to pop out. :popcorn:

installed my rear end main cap studs last night
tonight hopefully install the girdle and get it full of fluid

I got delayed in finishing the paint on my GP and when I finally got to it my Devilbiss plus 670 gun had a problem with the pattern...it slipped away until there was no control over the pattern. I had lent the gun to a friend who I guess over tightened the fluid tip and ruined the nylon seal. it's only supposed to be 20 ft lbs max but I have seen people crank on the tip to get it as tight as they can. That ruins the seal behind it allowing air to enter and taking away your control of the pattern. It will take a few days to get replacement parts so I bought a Sata 3000 digital RP from a painter I know so I'll see how that does later today...(note to self, stop lending tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor